Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from Queens, NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from Queens, NY

Hi - this is Jonathan from Queens, New York. I've been a member of the Pit for a few years now, but I am just getting up the guts to say hello.

Hands down, Amazing Ribs is my favorite web site. It got me started cooking with fire and is my go-to reference for all things smoking and grilling. I appreciate Meathead's clear technical writing, thorough research, and dedication to simplicity.

I started cooking on a Weber Smoky Mountain Boy and have slowly added more smokers to the point where it might be a problem. I have a hand-me-down Big Green Egg, Klose Grill Chef, Pit Barrel, 22" Weber, and a homemade cinder block pit (my favorite). I do most of my cooking at a camp 60 miles north of New York City (near Cornwall, NY).

We usually cook for a large group of people, and I've come to realize the BBQ isn't really about the food - its about the people and community. BBQ has a special ability to bring all sorts of folks together, and its what I like best about smoking meat.

I look forward to exchanging ideas and learning from everyone here... still trying to figure out how to nail a brisket!!!
    Last edited by tinyboxer; March 23, 2017, 05:52 AM.

Welcome tinyboxer

Comment

A hearty welcome from northern Illinois tinyboxer

Comment

welcome from CT.

Comment

Welcome from upstate New York, Jonathan.

Comment

Glad you are posting in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Johnathan. How about some photos of your homemade pit? We love photos.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana..

Comment

Welcome to The Pit tinyboxer! We’re glad you’re here and thanks for the great intro!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) "Huskee" with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from Kansas Territory!!!

Comment

Welcome aboard Jonathan. I'm right in the middle of you in rockland county. And yeah get us some pics of your homemade pit.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Jonathan!

Comment

Thank you for the kind welcome everyone! Here are couple photos of my cinder block pit.

...putting it back together in the Spring:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5718.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	320.1 KB
ID:	293167

...at our annual Labor Day pig roast (~75 lb pig - this one came out real nice!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6707.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	293166

Comment

• Spinaker
                            Spinaker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Lets Go!

Hello from a southern boy in South Louisiana

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!
                            One thing I can tell you tinyboxer is to check out your Costco or where ever you can find a prime brisket. Prime is the way to go if you can get it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here