Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Pit

I'm Stephen, live in Tuscaloosa, AL, originally from the Lake Martin area in Alexander City, AL. I've been around the Pit almost a year now, but I just never introduced myself in this thread. I'm definitely NOT antisocial, I just haven't spent much time on the forums except to search for what I needed at the time.

All that said, I have a mediocre gas grill and a PBC (thanks to the great advice I got here). The PBC is a freak of nature. I'm an amateur and it makes me look like I know what I'm doing. I love to cook, but you could fill volumes with the things I don't know. I hope to become a great pitmaster one day, so I'm just warning you I will ask many annoying questions when I try something new. Here's to new friends, great cooks, and new ideas!

A hearty welcome from Illinois. You will find us a friendly bunch gladly answering any question you may have with our advice.

Comment

• Skelly
      Skelly commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Welcome from upstate New York, Stephen.

Comment

Welcome aboard brother.
      Please ask questions. This is how we all learn.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! It is good to have you. Amen, on the PBC!

Comment

Welcome from Illinois. I am relatively new myself and I can tell you this is a great group of people that are only willing to help everyone out.

Comment

One thing I didn't mention is that one of my challenges is feeding my wife... She's a very weird eater that doesn't like a lot of meat. She does eat pulled pork, white meat chicken if it's overcooked, and a beef pot roast in bird-like quantities. So my challenge is to come up with great side items. For instance, I want to try some stuffed bell peppers on the PBC, but I need to figure out something other than sausage/beef to put in them. I suppose I could go with refried beans in hers in lieu of meat.

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey look at it this way. More bbq for you!!
              My wife is kinda the same. Most of what I throw on the smoker she doesn't eat or will eat very little of.

• Skelly
              Skelly commented
              Editing a comment
              I saw this comedy guy the other day talking about how back in the old days, the doorbell would ring and everyone would get excited. And now, everyone hides. Well....I'm still old school, because I'm just hoping to have a guest that I can feed real food.

Welcome to The Pit Stephen. There are lots of people here who will gladly answer your questions - some of them may actually know the correct answer.

Comment

• Skelly
              Skelly commented
              Editing a comment
              Ha! Even wrong answers will teach me something!

Welcome to The Pit Skelly! Thanks for introducing yourself and nice to have you here!

Although you've been with us for some time (and likely read this dozens of times on others' intros), here's your very own link to the homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) "Huskee" with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Skelly
              Skelly commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks. I need to go back through that, and at least set up a sig/avatar. I know and intend to follow the rules already.

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

• Skelly
              Skelly commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! I think you were in the thread, maybe even made the suggestion, that got me onto the PBC because of my space situation at the time.

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska!

Comment

Skelly , welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD! Glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome Skelly

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here