Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sns

Hey hey just signed up today. Have my Slow n Sear being delivered today, can't wait to throw a few combustibles in her and get that baby hot.
    Supposed to get Snow in MN this wknd so I'll have to wait it out a bit. Anyone else have experience with the Slow n Sear on the Weber Kettle?

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Yes Gintzu many of us have. Great choice .. You will love the SNS and welcome to the pit.. You'll love it here..

Comment

You will love the Sns. It gives you an amazing amount of control over the grill temps. It is really worth spending the time to do a calibration run to figure out your vent settings. Suggest you go out and buy some large binder clips, at least 4 of them, to clamp the Kettle lid down tight to reduce air leakage. Hopefully, you've got a digital grill & meat thermometer (Marverick, Smoke or some such) so you can make adjustments an keep a log of what the grill temps does. Follow the instructions and you will be putting out some great food. When in doubt, ask a question on this board. There is an amazing amount of experience that people are willing to share.

Comment

Gintzu, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
          You are Going to Love Your Weber a S 'n S Combo! I suggest you go to WWW.ABCbarbecue.com they have an excellent Tutorial on Temp Control and Vent Settings for the Weber Kettle in the Techniques and Recipe Section! As OneEyedJack advised get to Know Your Kettle! I would Suggest You invest in a Drip & Griddle for Use With Your
          S 'n S I believe it will Help You Control Your Temps! I have Two Webers One with the S 'n S and the Drip & Griddle the Performer Deluxe(Cart) has a Vortex Accessory that I use for Reverse Searing! In addition to the Drip & Griddle two other Items You Will Need if You Don't Have Them One is an Instant Read Thermometer such as MK4 ThermoPen by ThermoWorks, and a Good Dual Probe Leave in Thermometer such as a Maverick et 732 or 733 either one will transmit Your Grill and Food Temps to Your Table so You can BBQ even when it's Snowing! You are Probably thinking I Am Getting My Hand Awful Deep in Your Pocket in My Defence all I can say is You should be able to buy all for Less than $300.00! Check the HomePage this Site under Ratings and Reviews, all are Gold Rated! If You order through the Links AmazingRibs.Com will get a Spif at no additional cost to You! You should watch for Posts by David Parrish, Huskee and @MeatHead!
          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in FARGO ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	29 Size:	5.05 MB ID:	287207Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	68 Size:	496.1 KB ID:	287201Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	62 Size:	523.9 KB ID:	287202Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	13 Size:	3.64 MB ID:	287206Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	12 Size:	3.92 MB ID:	287204

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	10 Size:	3.44 MB ID:	287205Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	3.58 MB ID:	287210Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	2.29 MB ID:	287208Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.80 MB ID:	287209Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.38 MB ID:	287214

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	3.11 MB ID:	287212Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	3.11 MB ID:	287215Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.66 MB ID:	287213
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Danjohnston949; March 11, 2017, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
            Danjohnston949 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just for Your Info I will be Smoking a 8 Lb Pork Butt on my Weber Kettle, S 'n S, Drip 'n Griddle and DigQ DX-2 Temp Controll Tommorow in the Snow❓. The Fun Never Ends! I'll to Post Some Pics! Any Questions PM Me!
            From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Welcome Gintzu from southern MN. Enjoy The Pit and all it has to offer!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit ... and congrats on the SnS ...

Comment

Welcome from upstate, New York, Gintzu

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Your in luck...a LOT of folks here have experience with your set-up. Including the guy that actually INVENTED the thing. I'm sure David Parrish will be along soon to answer any questions you may have. Cheers!!

Comment

A true BBQ brethren. Thank you for all the intro's, welcome's and tips. I welcome all I can get.
                  I have a two yr old boy and 3 week old boy at home. Daddy needs a hobby at home and thought what better hobby at home than smoking eats where everybody can reap the rewards. I'm a fairly good hand on my Weber genesis but the kettle is a new beast that I've only handled a half doz times or so. Learning the air intake on the dampers will def be my biggest challenge starting out. Am I correct in assuming the bottom vent is the one you adjust more so to get the proper temp as temps may fluctuate or getting up to temp?
                  Besides the SNS I do have a dual prob thermometer which will definitely be invaluable.

Great suggestion on the clamps, Jack!
                  Dan, yes please share pics and thanks for all the tips!

Comment

Btw I also have GrillGrates which give a fantastic sear. I recommend to anyone!!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                      Danjohnston949 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You Danged Kids Have All the Fancy Gadgets! BTW I am Posting Pics and Monologue of My Pork Butt Cook on Huskee 's Show Us What You're Cooking Sticky Post this AM!
                      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Welcome to The Pit. You might benefit from a dry run before adding any meat. The SnS works great, but there is a learning curve. Don't worry about maintaining an exact temp. For low and slow, people get good results from temps around 225* F to up close to 300* F. If you are in that ballpark, don't worry too much. You can make small adjustments to see how they affect temp, but give it a little time to settle in after each adjustment.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Don't let the snow and cold stop you. Your a Minnesotan.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                        Danjohnston949 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❠“❓❓❓❓❓❓. 🙉🙈🙊🙈🙉. ❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓ 🍀😇🍀

Welcome Gintzu

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Las Vegas.

I think it's a law or something that if you have a Kettle, you have to have an SnS.

Comment

• EdF
                          EdF commented
                          Editing a comment
                          In this town, anyway!

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here