Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Iowa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Iowa!

Hello everyone and thanks for all the helpful information everyone has provided already on this site in just weeks. Large BGE owner since 2007 and KBQ owner since Christmas 2016.

My wife and I moved from Iowa to Augusta, GA in 2007. We had our first daughter there (now 7), and had our second daughter in 2012 after moving back to Iowa City in 2011 (Go Hawkeyes!). My wife and I both graduated from the University of Iowa and are avid fans as well as season football ticket holders.

It was in Augusta where I learned my appreciation for "low and slow" style cooking (Hello Sconyers but I have you beat!) and purchased my first smoker, a Large Big Green Egg. Never even heard of or dreamed I would try smoked watermelon rind but that was my first taste of food from a BGE. I Love my egg for its versatility but always struggled with smoke quality. That is where the KBQ came along . Will save the KBQ testimonials for the appropriate forum, but so glad I made the purchase. The Egg will always have it's place due to versitality and convenience.

Looking forward to years of discussion as we all continue to inch closer to "mastering" the craft of BBQ!

Mark, aka ICSmoker.

Welcome from upstate New York, Mark.

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit ICSmoker! We’re glad you’re here and thanks for introducing yourself!

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
        1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
        2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The pit Mark.

Comment

Welcome ICSmoker !!! Glad yer here t' share what ya' know, as well.

Comment

ICSmoker Welcome aboard. You and I may have similar experiences. I've had a BGE since '02, and am enjoying the KBQ I picked up a few weeks ago. Wish the weather would warm up a bit, though. Find the "KBQ has landed" thread.

Comment

Welcome from North Carolina.

Comment

Welcome ICSmoker . Enjoy The Pit. You may want to read this about smoke from your BGE. The Smoking Lamp Is Lit! Smoke 'Em If You've Got 'Em; Part 2

Comment

• Breadhead
                      Breadhead commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I haven't heard from him even after leaving him personal messages...😔

• Spinaker
                      Spinaker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Breadhead What size is that small smoke pot you use in your Kamado? Thanks

• Breadhead
                      Breadhead commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have a 1 quart and I think a 2 quart might be better. I have a large BGE.

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois! Glad to have you in the pit!

Comment

Glad to have you here Mark, welcome aboard!

Comment

Greetings, Mark and welcome from Colorado...

Comment

Welcome ICSmoker

Comment

Welcome from KC, MO

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here