Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked chuck roast with slow n sear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked chuck roast with slow n sear

Hey there, I'm new on here. Does anybody use the slow n sear on here? Have you tried the smoked chuck roast yet?

Welcome! You're going to get a lot of responses to that question!

Comment

Welcome Damnnearkiltem ! I have used the SnS for well over a year and a half on chuckies and they turn out great! You can do low and slow (225-250) or if you're limited on time you can ramp it up to 275-300 with no problems. Chuckies are very forgiving and very tasty at the same time! I have all but quit smoking briskets because of how tasty and easy chuckies are to smoke. The one thing I do before smoking a chuck roast is, I will dry brine a couple of days in advance. I will then toss on my rub, vac seal it, freeze it (the only reason I freeze it is for a killer smoke ring) and then toss it on the smoker when the smoker gets up to temp. Depending on the outdoor ambient temp I will forgo using the water chamber, especially this time of year when the outdoor temps are below 30. I have also smoked chuckies the same day the wife brought one home from the grocery store and they have turned out pretty good too. IMO they benefit by dry brining over night to 24+ hours. So fire that bad boy up and get to smoking!

Comment

• JPGators17
        JPGators17 commented
        Editing a comment
        Craigar how much time does smoking them frozen add to your cooks? I'm gonna have to give this a try.

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        JPGators17 the extra time to me is negligible. But if I had to quantify it I would say at least an hour. Since I usually plan on smoking anywhere from 12-16 hours frozen or not, if I get impatient and I have the bark where I like it, I will wrap and foil to take it the rest of the way home.

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        Or to put it another way, it takes a whole lot less time for it to thaw out while being smoked then it does in the fridge or sink. PLUS, the whole time it is thawing on the smoker it is taking on smoke and developing a killer smoke ring.

Welcome Damnnearkiltem

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Damnnearkiltem! We’re glad you joined and would love to hear more about you, favorites to cook, your gear, etc.

I've smoked a few chuck roasts on my kettle + SnS and they are are a family favorite. Adrenaline Barbecue Company, who makes the Slow 'N Sear has a new video on youtube here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toimqRx4pQQ Here's their pulled beef / chuck roast page http://www.abcbarbecue.com/pulled-beef-chuck-roast

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
        1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
        2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!
        Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Damnnearkiltem
          Damnnearkiltem commented
          Editing a comment
          Great, thanks! Headed to do some homework. Lol

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Damnnearkiltem It's very helpful homework :-)

A hearty welcome from Illinois. I did not even know about or consider chuckies until being clued in on this site and now they are a staple at his house.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree. We used to like pulled pork best, but chuck has unseated it.

• Dr ROK
          Dr ROK commented
          Editing a comment
          fuzzydaddy, ditto!

Yeah ... there's one SnS guy around here ( David Parrish who invented and manufactures the thing) ... along with about 12000 of his closest SnS-using friends ... all of whom are likely to offer more helpful replies than you can read in a lifetime. Oh ... and welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Smoked chuckie is the most popular thing I serve to friends.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, Md! Smoked chuck is one of my absolute favorite things to cook with kettle and SnS!https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ck-roast-video
            Check out the link for a video of the very thing!

Comment

Welcome Damnnearkiltem !!!
              Lookin' forward t' hearin' more from ya!
              Smoked Chuckies Rule!!!

Comment

Damnnearkiltem, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
                You will get Several Volumes of Help on the Weber Kettle, S 'n S, and Drip & Griddle Techniques and Practices! I highly Recomended you log into Www.abcbarbecue.com, Techniques and Recipe Section, for tips and Temp (Vent) Control Settings for the Kettle! AdrenalineBBQCo.Com have done an excellent Job on this Tutorial!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome from Indiana. Your screen name is a great punch line.

Comment

• Damnnearkiltem
                    Damnnearkiltem commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks! A lot of people don't get it. Haha

Smoked chuck pot roast is great. Basting and I love my slow & sear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7879137126_b297787f49_o.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	347.5 KB
ID:	283088

Comment

• Damnnearkiltem
                    Damnnearkiltem commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice! Can't wait to do one

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here