Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy

My name is Guy. I just joined the Pitmaster's Club. I have been cooking (grilling) a long time but I did not know all of the info and science that goes into it. All I knew was that my food was not as good as others I have tasted. I figured there must be more to it than I thought. I found this website and am trying to soak up everything in it. I have a Weber gas grill, Weber 22 Kettle and just purchased my first Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker. I have a Thermapen and a Maverick with wireless remote. I also change the Weber thermometer that was on the lid of my WSM to a Tell Tru. I live in the Northwest Florida (Destin, Niceville, Crestview, Pensacola) area. I am looking forward to meeting the other members in the club.
    Last edited by Guy; October 28, 2014, 09:04 AM.

Hey Guy... welcome! You will be right at home here! Looks you have a nice bunch of gear to work with too.

Comment

Welcome Guy!! How accurate is that Tel Tru thermometer?

Comment

Hello Guy, Welcome aboard

Comment

Hello Guy, you are going to really like it here. My son lives in Milton and we go down several times a year to visit. It is a great area.

Comment

Welcome Guy! Thanks for the support. When you get a minute check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Comment

Ernest, I brought the Tru Tell in around 2008 it was the best reviewed on the market at that time it has worked fine for my kettle grill. I just brought one for the lid on my WSM smoker. I don't depend on it as much as the others I have.

Comment

Maraurderer, I am close to Milton in the country. It is a nice area of Florida. Not too many tourist except in Destin.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here