Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo

Hey everybody,

I have been lurking here for about a year. My BBQ experience if it counts is limited to smoking in a weber gas grill. I have been using a combination of an a-maze-n smoker tube and a baking steel over the flavorizer bars and some heavy duty foil to spread the heat out evenly. Generally I just have one of the zones turned on to medium or low. I can hold BBQ temps surprisingly well with this setup and have had some decent success.

That said I plan on stepping my game up and purchased a KBQ unit last night, so I may be posting more, and lurking less. We'll see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	smaller.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	280196

Welcome JoeDSM

Comment

Welcome to some grate fun in the Pit! While I don't cook with gas you can reach out to the Pit members who do with your questions.

Comment

Welcome from ohio. Dont matter what your cooking on its all good

Comment

Welcome from Northern CA. Congrats on your purchase.

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit JoeDSM! We're happy to have you here, thanks for the support. You sound like you'll fit in nicely here, good work with your gasser setup. And of course congrats on that fine new KBQ!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
              1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
              2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!!!!! WE are happy to have you hear. Thanks for the support.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome aboard and congratulations on the KBQ! Thanks for introducing yourself and we're glad you're here. See you around The Pit.

Comment

Welcome JoeDSM ! Glad yer here!!!
                      1. Yeah, yer experience counts.
                      2. No matter what th' cooker, if ya' been makin' great food, then yer learnin' th' most important thing, Pit Management!
                      3. Now yer gettin' a Fantastic Cooker! New learnin', but yer food will be so much tastier from th' wood smoke, = Mind.Blown.
                      4. There are many highly experienced KBQ'ers here t' mentor ya'!

Sounds like a win-win deal t' me! Lookin' forward t' hearin' about alla yer cooks on th' gasser, with pics.
                      Then lookin' forward t' hearin' about yer new KBQ cooks, an' yer impression of th' flavor.

See ya' in th' near future!!!

Comment

Yo, from Indiana!

Comment

Welcome aboard Joe. What is that can on your grill shelf & what were you doing with it, most interesting. Eat good & have fun.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Las Vegas, Joe.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here