Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have a problem

Rusty here. This is my first foray into the Pit. Joined several months ago but have been in the shadows. It's time to step out of the shadows because my daughter told me yesterday that I have a problem. When I got home from work last night, my daughter met me in the garage and opened the freezer door to the side by side in the garage. She pointed inside the freezer and said "Dad, you have a problem." I have 9 briskest and a bone in pork shoulder in that freezer. What's the problem? I'm glad she didn't look in the other freezer in the garage. She would have seen 4 pork butts, 6 chickens, 5 racks of pork ribs, 20 pounds of sausage, 2 turkeys and 3 more briskets! So what? I like to cook large quantities of meat, especially brisket. For my taste, there is nothing better than a great brisket. Brisket is my crack. I bought a Tucker Cooker a few years ago and love it. I cook a lot for our Church. Last big cook was 8 briskets and 30 pounds of sausage. It was outstanding. It seems like a waste to fire up the Tucker for just one brisket or one pork butt. So I bought a Pit Barrel Cooker a few weeks ago. My wife was not happy. She already refers to the Tucker as my "girlfriend". As in "you spend more time with your girlfriend on the weekend than you do with me". So I gues now I am not only cheating on wife, I am cheating on my girlfriend too. Fortunately my wife likes good barbecue. Today we are going to Black's in Lockhart (3 hour drive) for beef ribs. Can't wait. One of these days I will tackle beef short ribs. Until then, I'll leave it to the pros. So I guess I need to know if my daughter is right. Do I have a problem?

I wish I had your problem, I have the PBC but a distinct lack of meat. Got that thing loaded with 20 pounds of goodies now. My wife loves the PBC because I actually do things around the house and can go and do things while its doing its thing.
    The 3 hour drive is a bit much since I'm sure you could manage to do just as well at home, but I can understand, sometimes I only want to go to Chiefs games so I can go eat BBQ.

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the support, and congrats on the problem.

Love my PBC.

Comment

I'd say as long as the meat gets cooked before it gets freezer burn, your supply is where it needs to be Welcome to The Pit!

Comment

Welcome Rusty, good problem to have!

When you get a minute check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome Rusty! I agree with Huskee... that seems like a good problem to have

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here