Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From Trenton OH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Trenton OH

Hello All. Hailing from Trenton OH where I retired after serving in the U.S. Navy on submarines. I've been a long time smoke BBQ fan having used a tiny Brinkman, than an off set smoker, and now a propane box smoker. I've used gas grills, but they're not as much fun. I hope to graduate to a wood pellet smoker in the future. I also enjoy cold smoking using an antique canning jar sterilizer I rigged up. The link is for a wood flavor chart. You'll have to complete the link with .../Downloads_files/SmokingFlavorChart.pdf to get to it; the link truncates when the post is saved. Happy smokes.
    Last edited by jragle; October 24, 2014, 11:28 AM.

Hello JR Welcome. Cant wait the see your stuff.

Comment

Howdy jragle, greetings from your neighbor to the north.

I can't get anything to load at that site right now....maybe it's just me.

When you get a minute check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit jragle!

Comment

Hi JR, Welcome to the Pit Nation. You are going to really like it here. As a fellow "Submariner" I have found this sight to be great in all aspects. Quals are easy around here and there is always lots of help available for the asking. I look forward to your posts and Pics.

Comment

For All: Thanks for the welcomes! I'm trying that wood flavor chart link again

It has some 'exotic' woods listed, but the descriptions for familiar woods are pretty good.

For Marauderer....DBF!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit and a sincere thanks for your service!

I read Blindman's Bluff and watched the documentary. Also read Scorpion Down. Truly, truly hair raising!

--Ed

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here