Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Southern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Southern California

Hi there. I have been lurking around this site for a while and finally figured it was time to join. I love to BBQ, Smoke, and make homemade wine here in Southern California. I stumbled across the website a while back and found many good recipes that i have been using in my BBQ/Smoking endeavors. For one, I love the Memphis Meathead Dust rub. It has become my go-to rub for many things. I have a variety of appliances that I use. Most of my barbecuing is done on a gas grill but some things just require charcoal. I typically BBQ my Thanksgiving turkey in a Weber Kettle grill. I love to make beef jerky on my charcoal bullet smoker and have been known to make some really tasty ribs (if I do say so myself). My "dream smoker" would be a Backwoods Party G2 but I have not been able to justify the cost yet. Maybe some day. For now, I will stick to my cheap smoker and enjoy what comes off of it.

Chris

Welcome to The Pit SoCal Chris! We're happy you've joined up with us, thanks for the support. Hey, if you can make great food with what you have (and it sounds like you can), then all's well in the world right?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome SoCal Chris

Comment

SoCal Chris Welcome to th' Pit! I'd love to hear yer recipe fer jerky on th' lil' Brinkmann bullet!

Comment

Mr. Bones
          My jerky recipe is as easy as it comes. It actually was my Dad's recipe and has been passed down to me and now to my son. Basically I take a brisket and slice it like thick bacon. I trim as much fat off as I can and then I season both sides of the strips with season salt and black pepper. The strips are then put into a ziplock bag and thrown in the fridge overnight. When I'm ready to smoke it, I string about 10 strips onto a wooden skewer and hang that vertically from the racks of the smoker. I continue to add skewers until the rack is full. This way it tends to smoke evenly and I don't have to mess with turning it. I then smoke it low and slow with whatever wood (usually mesquite or hickory) I choose that day. It doesn't get much easier. The true "art" is learning when to pull it off so that it is done enough but not overdone. That is the big trick.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks fer' sharin'! I jus' got gifted a minty Smoke n Grill, also have th' 'lectric Gourmet cooker. Ya' must build a pretty small-ish fire, huh? Also, do ya' use th' water pan?

Welcome to The Pit Chris.

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome from upstate New York.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome! What part of southern CA? I am in Upland, there are quite a few of us around here!

Comment

• SoCal Chris
                    SoCal Chris commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm in Horsethief Cyn between Corona & Lake Elsinore.

• smokinfatties
                    smokinfatties commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very cool! I had friends that used to live in that area! Cheers

Welcome to The Pit from Las Vegas.

Comment

SoCal Chris, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy. "The Pit"!
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome from Northern CA.

Comment

Welcome aboard SoCal Chris! Some of my best food is cooked on a Weber Kettle. Meathead's Memphis Dust is my favorite rub for pork ribs and boston butts. It's also good on chicken. If you haven't tried it on chicken check out the Sweet Georgia's Brown Smoked Yard Bird recipe. See you around The Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here