Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The New Guy

I joined the pit sometime ago but never came over and introduced myself. Jerrod from South Dakota. This website is absolutely my go to website when I need advice on anything BBQ. I have been cooking on a Green Mountain for the past couple of years and love everything that comes off of it. I have recently purchased an old commercial refrigerator and converting it into a smoker.

Welcome to the pit, jrolston!! I'm sure many of us would love to see pics of your build!

Comment

Welcome jrolston

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Feb 04, 3 02 39 PM.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	272033
        Just getting a good start on things so here is a picture of the fridge with the door off. It going to make a pretty sweet outfit when we get it all done. I will post some pictures when i get some more progress done on it.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!!! We are happy to have you here!!! Looks like you've got a great project in the works. Make sure to keep us in the loop on the progress. We love custom builds!!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jerrod.

Comment

Welcome to th' Pit, looks like an interestin' project!

Whatcha usin' fer heat? Gas Charcoal Electric?

Lookin' forward t' hearin' from ya, enjoy!!!

Comment

• jrolston
                jrolston commented
                Editing a comment
                I am going to take the easy way out. Ordered a Pellet Pro hopper from smokedaddyinc to mount on it.

Welcome to The Pit jrolston! We’re glad you’re here and thank you for the introduction! Looking forward to seeing your project come along.

Pease check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
              1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
              2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! That looks like quite a project. If the interior is galvanized, there may be some concern for high heat and galvanized metal. In the back of my mind it is something to be concerned about, but my memory might be faulty.

Comment

• jrolston
                    jrolston commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Definitely thought about that. Looks to be aluminum so from what i read i think we should be safe. Please let me know if you have heard any different. Thanks, Jerrod

Welcome and that looks like it will be a significant smoker.

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

I'll bet you can throw a couple hunks o meat in there when it's done! That thing is huge!

Comment

jrolston, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
                        Your Refer to Smoker Conversion looks Great! You might want to check with. www.smokermods.com for Gasketing!
                        You might want to give Ben at Prime Cut Meats in Fargo ND, Ph #: 701-476-1444 a call! Ben has done a similar conversion with an external Smoke Box and I believe Propane Burner! I hope this helps You!
                        Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome from Northern CA. That looks like it's going to be a nice build. It looks like it has a wood exterior. Is it going to be an indoor smoker, venting out the roof?

Comment

• jrolston
                            jrolston commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It is actually just the rust on it that makes it look like wood. It is going to used outside for the most part.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here