Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Kansas City, MO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Kansas City, MO

I’ve been lurking around for a while but had not taken the opportunity to introduce myself yet. I’m phoccer. The name comes from two strong interests of mine, photography and soccer. I’ve been using a grill for over 20 years but really sucked at it for almost 15 years, think dried chicken and very, very well done steaks. I’ve managed to block out those years but my family enjoys reminding me from time to time . I received a Weber 18” Gold as a 15 year anniversary gift from my employer and that started me down the road of getting into smoking and really learning how to cook with charcoal. I stumbled around for a year or two until I found this site before The Pit existed. Can’t say how much I appreciate all of the work put into this site by Meathead and many others. I recently handed off the old setup(Weber 18” plus Smokenator) to a friend and purchased a Weber Kettle Premium 22”, Slow N Sear, and Drip N Griddle. Now that I’ve figured out my soaring temperature problem with that setup(lid shape was off) I’m looking forward to pushing myself outside of my comfort zone of burgers, steaks, ribs, and chicken and getting into brisket, pork, and other fun creations. Looking forward to continuing to learn from others in these forums and sharing things I do and learn.

A hearty welcome from Illinois. You have definitely come to the right place to learn and share.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit phoccer! We’re glad you’re here and thanks for introducing yourself!

Although you've been with us for some time (and likely read this dozens of times on others' intros), here's your very own link to the homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska!!

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome from NW Arkansas.

Comment

Howdy phoccer , an' welcome to th' Pit!!!

Glad ya' joined us here, lookin' forward t' hearin from ya'!

I live jus' a bit W of ya', in Larryville.

Comment

Welcome phoccer

Comment

phoccer, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
                    Enjoy "The Pit"!
                    Your Weber Performer, S 'n S and Drip & Griddle are Good Choices IMHOP!
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	21 Size:	5.05 MB ID:	272042Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	3.91 MB ID:	272043Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	54 Size:	496.1 KB ID:	272044Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	51 Size:	523.9 KB ID:	272045Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	3.64 MB ID:	272049Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	7 Size:	3.83 MB ID:	272050Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	3.44 MB ID:	272047Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	7 Size:	2.60 MB ID:	272046Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	7 Size:	2.59 MB ID:	272048

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. There are several photographers in The Pit, (including me).What do you like to shoot? I'm primarily a wildlife shooter.

Comment

Most of my photography is just capturing my family's life. I enjoy trying to catch people when they aren't aware I'm around and just photographing memories. it's a hobby I really enjoy but haven't put enough time into for the past year or so. I keep saying I'm going to start it up again. Maybe now that I have my grill lid issue figured out I'll stop obsessing about that and get out and shoot!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I"m a massive soccer fan myself. And I've been known to drive 100's of miles out of my way to eat Kansas City BBQ and attend Sporting KC matches. Cheers!!

Comment

Welcome from upstate New York, phoccer.

Comment

Originally posted by PJBowmaster View Post
                              Welcome to the Pit! I"m a massive soccer fan myself. And I've been known to drive 100's of miles out of my way to eat Kansas City BBQ and attend Sporting KC matches. Cheers!!
                              Excellent choices! That stadium is amazing. My boys and I get out there a couple times a year. Have you tried Q39 yet for BBQ?

Comment

• PJBowmaster
                                PJBowmaster commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I have not been to Q39 yet. But I'll add it to the list. So far I've only hit the tourist spots. Joe's Kansas City BBQ in the Gas Station. And Woodyard Bar-B-Que on Merriam Lane. I particularly like Woodyard. That's my kind of joint!

• phoccer
                                phoccer commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Joe's is classic, great stuff. The Pitmaster at Q39 is a phenomenal sandwich and my favorite. It's similar to the Z-Man from Joe's but IMO it's better. Make sure you have reservations if you head there. They've ben open about a year and half and are only getting more busy.

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here