Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Midlothian, Virginia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Midlothian, Virginia!

I bought an 18.5" Weber Smokey Mtn Smoker in May of last year. Since then, I have smoked two Boston Butts, four sets of ribs and our Thanksgiving Turkey. I've had very good luck with my ribs as well as my Boston Butts. I did mod my smoker by installing a Nomex gasket kit to seal the lid and the fire box door. Works great!

For digital thermometers, I am using three from ThermoWorks: ThermoPop, DOT, and Smoke. Love all three!

The only issue with ribs that I encountered was when I smoked 4 or 5 racks of back ribs in a metal rack on the top shelf. I pulled them off all at once after testing one. As a result, a couple of the racks were not done enough. I should have tested each one and pulled them off when each was done.

All in all, I have had a very good experience with my WSM.

Welcome to The Pit Paul - from another Midlo resident ~ Ron

Comment

welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome PaulDiming

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome from Newport News!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit. PaulDiming
                Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 12, 2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit PaulDiming! Thanks for joining up with us. How'd the turkey turn out?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                  1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                  2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the pit Paul, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you.

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska, Paul!!

Comment

Welcome from Florida! Great choice on the ThermoWorks thermometers. I started out with a ChefAlarm and a Thermapen, and have added a ThermoPop, DOT and a Smoke.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Las Vegas, Paul.

Comment

Welcome! I grew up in Powhatan, but now live in Charlotte!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here