Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Pitmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Pitmaster

New England doesn't see tri tip very often so when it recently was available, I got two.

I have a large BGE and cook on it usually in weekends. Tri tip this past weekend was a firmest timer, generally not available in northeast, a fellow newbie to PM also got his tri tip on this weekend and we both loved it!!

Recent strip roast cook and the tri tip from this past weekend, loved it. Hello big beef flavor.

Glad to be aboard, looking forward to all the intel.
    Attached Files

Welcome to the Pit Notavegan and great pics.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois. Great looking cook!

Comment

You all get lots of Lobster and Brook Trout though!! We used to buy our Lobsters at a hardware store, off of Hampton Beach, NH. They smoke up quite well, if I do say so myself!! Fresh seafood from the point, down in Rhode Island. I've no complaints from tuna steak, clams, or muscles coming off the grill. Oh, and Haddock!!! You New Englanders have it good, when selecting a protein for the smoker.

What part you from??

Welcome!!

Comment

It's not the pitmaster we are in. It's (the pit).
            That being said.
            That is some awesome looking beef. I would trade my tuna fish salad (that I'm having tonight)for that any day Great pics and beautiful cook. Looking forward to seeing more of your cooks. Welcome aboard.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Technically we're members of the Pitmaster Club...the forum here is The Pit.

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              OK Huskee I stand to be corrected. Sorry.
              But that is still a beautiful looking piece of meat. Don't you agree??

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Absolutely! I'd love a plate of that.

Welcome to The Pit. It looks like you already know your way around a smoker.

Comment

Steve B, Southwick MA is where I call home. Western mass.

Pit, thank you.

Comment

• Steve B
                Steve B commented
                Editing a comment
                That's only about 2 to 2 1/2 hrs from me. It's good to see more of us here in the pit that live in the north east.
                BTW I love your pit name.

• lschweig
                lschweig commented
                Editing a comment
                Steve B I did not catch the light play on words that Notavegan has as a handle until you pointed it out. LOL.

• Steve B
                Steve B commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah @Ischweig I think Notavegan will get along here just fine. Good stuff.

Welcome to The Pit Notavegan! Nice pics! Great color, great sear. You'll fit in well with us other non-vegans Thanks for your support here.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
              1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
              2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

New and already posting pixs!! your gonna fit in here fine! Welcome to the Pit!! Great looking Tri tip if I hadn't read what it was I would have thought it was prime rib!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit... nice pics ...

Comment

Welcome. Nice looking Tri Tip.

Comment

Welcome aboard and great photos!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Las Vegas. Great looking cook! Thanks for the pics.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here