Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from the Nutmeg State...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from the Nutmeg State...

Connecticut--yeah, I wouldn't have known either before we moved here. Westport (about an hour northeast of New York City) is just the latest place, having come here from outside of Tucson, Arizona and Chicago before that, but always with a grill (usually more than one) in tow.

I'm always looking to learn how to be a better cook and have been grilling and smoking for a while now, on charcoal (my first love) and gas. A friend and fellow bbq nut turned me on to AmazingRibs a few months back and it's been a real eye-opener (wait, what? There are *automatic* fans to help control the temp in my WSM? I just never went more than 15 mins away from my house on days when I smoked).

To a newbie, it looks like a great community and I'm happy to join.

--Kurt

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

• kfenster
      kfenster commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Welcome to The Pit Kurt.

Comment

• kfenster
      kfenster commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks--and thanks for the brisket help, RonB.

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

• kfenster
      kfenster commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks--and thanks for the help with my long brisket cook, LA Pork Butt

Welcome kfenster

Comment

Welcome from Northern CA.

Comment

• kfenster
        kfenster commented
        Editing a comment
        Where in Cali? I've got a brother in Oakland and a son whose first choice college is Cal Poly SLO (not *too* far north...)

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in Chico. My folks are from the Bay Area. My sister and wife went to Cal Poly SLO. Absolutely fantastic college. Is his mind set on his Major? Cal Poly is rigid about changing majors because it is impacted. If he knows what he wants to study he can't do any better.

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

• kfenster
        kfenster commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the welcome and the brisket help, lschweig

Welcome, Kurt ... from Colorado...

Comment

Welcome. I had to read this just to find out which was the nutmeg state...

Comment

• kfenster
        kfenster commented
        Editing a comment
        CT also claims to be the "Constitution State", but it's a cooking site, so I went with the nutmeg.

K-window, er, kfenster Welcome to th' Pit, glad yer here t' share yer experience, an' learn along with all!!!

Comment

• kfenster
        kfenster commented
        Editing a comment
        Danke, Mr. Bones.

Welcome to The Pit kfenster! Thanks for joining and nice job on your signature.

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• kfenster
        kfenster commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, fuzzdaddy! I think I've got the homework in the bag, but appreciate the pointer.

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        kfenster excellent. We look forward to having you around!

Welcome from Nebraska, Kurt!

Comment

• kfenster
        kfenster commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

The waits & the whats will be pouring out of you the longer you are here. Glad to have you with us, eat good & enjoy!

Comment

• kfenster
        kfenster commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, FireMan, looking forward to a new wait/what every day.

Used to live in Westport, actually. Do you know why it's the Nutmeg State? Enjoy.

Test your knowledge with amazing and interesting facts, trivia, quizzes, and brain teaser games on MentalFloss.com.

Welcome.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, we know where PT Barnum came from: Bethel. I'm from Danbury myself.

Welcome from a fellow Pit noob!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here