Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Manassas, VA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Manassas, VA!

Hi all, my name is Justin and I live in Manassas in Northern Virginia. I have used this site for some time to gain grilling and BBQ knowledge as well as all of the great product reviews. A couple of years back after moving out here from D.C. I bought myself a Weber Kettle and gas grill to enjoy outdoors and also to do something while drinking a few brews and watching football. I tried and succeeded a bit with smoking on the kettle before we had our first son about 16 months ago.

Just recently we've gained a little of our free time back and my loving wife bought me the PBC for my birthday. As it arrived earlier than expected and anxious to cook, I ran out and bought some beef back ribs and store brand coals. Needless to say, my novice skills and perhaps the charcoal choise left me with a lot of work trying to keep the cooker hot. Not the best results out of the box, which I squarely place blame on the fuel source. 😊

A few few days later I went for a brisket flat, about 5 lbs, and after a bunch of wrangling I got the temp right, turned out well. From here on out I'm going to stick to recommendations of good ol Kingsford to keep my fire going.

Looking forward to meet some folks, hear some great stories and to hopefully hone my skills at the same time.

forever Kingsford,

Justin

Welcome Justin Patentman81 !

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Justin.

Comment

Welcome Justin. You sound like a stand up kinda guy. Looking forward to your posts and hope we can all help each other gain the knowledge that it takes to become masters of our grills,Pits.

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska, Justin!

Comment

Greetings, Justin ... welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome Patentman81

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Patentman81! We’re glad you’re here!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                  1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                  2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from the Virginia peninsula.

Comment

Welcome neighbor! Depending on where in Manassas, we may not be that far apart. I am technically in Woodbridge, but Manassas "starts" less then 2 miles from me in two directions.

Comment

• Patentman81
                        Patentman81 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hi shush, I'm nearer you I think in a neighborhood straddling hoadly and 234

• shush
                        shush commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Spriggs and Minnieville. Damn close!

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome to some great fun in the Pit!

Comment

NE Il says welcome

Comment

Patentman81, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"
                            Eat Well and Prosper. From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here