Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Canada

Years ago I was working overseas, and at each new location the Canadians would put together what we thought was a BBQ. Our American cousins would come along and ask "what y'all doing?" When we told them they would say "Hell, that ain't no BBQ, it's a Grill !!" Finally I asked a friend of mine from Texas what he called a BBQ, and he drew out an offset BBQ, something we had no clue about up here. Later, a Canadian friend of mine had a heavy custom made offset BBQ sent to him in a trailer ordered from Oklahoma, but he didn't know how to use it. It was the first one that I had seen in the flesh, and as he proceeded to rant on about how useless it was ( he tried to grill steaks in the smoke pit ) I offered to solve the problem for him. I have it to this day and love it. A real improvement to it is the CyberQ set up. A word of caution on the fan though, when I first set it up I had the fan too close to the firebox and the charcoal, and quickly melted the plastic fan. Ordered another fan and made an extension to the outlet port to keep the fire further away, and now it works perfectly.

Look forward to learning more on this site.

Greetings, Fred ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Isn't BBQ great. You are the envy of every cook who longs for an offset cooker. Longing for another cooker is called MCS (More Cooker Syndrome). Be careful in the Pit. You can pick up a case of MCS.
      Last edited by LA Pork Butt; January 13, 2017, 01:23 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Great story!! Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you here.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome FredH

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Fred.

Comment

I have some friends and extended family in the Toronto area. After some of the discussions we have had on this subject, your story sounds all too familiar! Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

FredH, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ. Eaye! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
                    What part of Canada do You Set Your Wigwam?
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to th' Pit, FredH ! Love t' see some pics of yer cooker!
                      Lookin' forward t' learnin' with, n' from ya!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit FredH! I enjoyed your introduction. Thanks for the support and nice to have you here!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                        1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                        2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD!

Comment

welcome from ohio

Comment

Wow, thanks guys !!!

I live in northern Alberta, not far off the route to Alaska, on a small cattle ranch. Lots of room for parking or in the house if any of you are passing by. Budweiser served here, and who known, maybe even brisket.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here