Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Southeast Pennsylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Southeast Pennsylvania

I live in the suburbs just north of Philadelphia. I've been cooking meat on the grill for many years, everything from portable propane grills to sticks over a camp fire to big propane grills. I gave up the propane after the last grill's innards disintegrated. I switched to charcoal on a second-hand Weber kettle.

I read Lolis Elie's Smokestack Lightning just after helping a friend make ribs from live pig to plate, and it came together for me. I started slow-cooking on my kettle. Roast chickens, big bone-in chops, some peppers. Magic stuff.

I got a bonus at Christmas, and instead of a new fly rod that will spend most of the year in a rack, a rifle that never sees the deer stand or a radio that rarely warms the antenna, I decided to get a big grill. I wanted a kamado, and it was a tossup between the Egg and the Primo. The Egg has more support and a bigger community, but the Primo had a much better way to cook indirectly. Now I have a giant Primo Oval on the back patio and I'm learning. This slow and low stuff is tasty and it isn't as hard as it looks. I don't buy the kids popsicles any more because I need space in the freezer for roasters, ribs and shoulders when they go on sale.

A great big hearty welcome to you! This is an awesome forum! Hey, what's the weather like in your neck of the woods? Tim

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalTim View Post
      A great big hearty welcome to you! This is an awesome forum! Hey, what's the weather like in your neck of the woods? Tim
      Thanks!
      Right now, overcast and about 18. It will warm up today to 39 or so and melt the snow.

Comment

• Hazi
        Hazi commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect BBQ weather! Welcome from rainy CA (perfect BBQ weather),

• Atalanta
        Atalanta commented
        Editing a comment
        Be even better Thurs when it hits 60F,

Welcome from indiana

Comment

Aw c'mon, buy the kids some popsicles already! (LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca View Post
          Aw c'mon, buy the kids some popsicles already! (LOL)
          When the boy-child was smaller, we had an upright freezer in the basement. He would take out the ice pops but he wouldn't close the door. The freezer would defrost, soak the floor and everything on the door would melt. He can buy his own popsicles.

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome and enjoy your new primo. Be sure to check out the Kamado sub-forum under charcoal

Comment

Welcome w12x40

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Greetings ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit w12x40! We’re glad you joined!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                        1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                        2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to th' Pit w12x40 !!!
                          Glad yer here, lookin' forward to learnin' with, an' from ya'!

Comment

Welcome from VA!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here