Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from SoCal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from SoCal

Hello All!

I've been smoking with my Komodo Kamamdo for 3+ years now and attribute much of my success to this site. Love to smoke everything from salmon to chicken to turkeys to rack of lamb to pork butt, pork ribs, beef ribs, prime rib, brisket and to - one of my favs - pastrami. Another fav is a mexi-pulled pork recipe I came up with where I use a mexican blend of seasonings on the pulled pork - smoke it to perfection - and then add it to tomatillo based salsa from the garden.

I try to smoke at least a 2-3 times a month all year long. Love the recipes and advice from this site. Kids and parents love the grub. Wife loves not having to cook!

Right now, I'm tearing down the back yard and rebuilding with a built in kitchen with the smoker as the center piece along with a Grillworks grill and rotisserie. Love cooking with wood. Can't wait to have the yard done and to have the smoker, grill and rotisserie all going concurrent.

Awesome. Please include pics of your progress so others can live vicariously through you.

Thanks for the support!!!!

Comment

Hey G5! Nice to meet you.

Comment

You are living my dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Grover5 View Post
        I try to smoke at least a 2-3 times a month all year long.
        As if there are different seasons in SoCal Man, I miss SoCal. Lived in the South Bay (Hermosa Beach mostly) 15 years and left 3 years ago.

Welcome aboard.

Comment

• Grover5
          Grover5 commented
          Editing a comment
          You're right in that there are no season's next to the ocean other than "perfect". I'm about 15 mins inland from Laguna Beach. We get "warm" and "warmer" as our seasons with an occasional "hot".

• The Burn
          The Burn commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful part of SoCal. Have friends who used to live in one of the valleys walking distance from downtown.

• leftwngr
          leftwngr commented
          Editing a comment
          further up the 5 where we've had "hot" and "oven" recently as far as seasons go.

welcome.

Welcome, Grover5! Can't wait to see pics of your outdoor kitchen.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here