Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheers from North Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers from North Dakota

Hey! I'm new to the Pit, and fairly new to BBQ. I bought a Weber kettle last summer and I'm slowly learning to cook different things. Once I got Meathead's book for Christmas, I decided I should hop in here and see what the community is like. I figure the combination of book and forums should help be avoid a lot of rookie mistakes and speed up my progress to making more and better food.

A hearty welcome from Illinois. You are correct your process has now accelerated to Warp 10 with the help that is available to you here.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! You'll find at least one more notable NoDak around here ...

Comment

Welcome Gayette

Comment

Welcome from Indiana.

Comment

Welcome from Kansas Territory, Gayette !!!
            Glad yer here t' learn along with us...lookin' forward t' learnin' from ya, as well!
            Enjoy th' Pit!!!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Gayette! We’re glad you’re here!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
              1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
              2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. In case you don't already have these items, you will get much better and more consistent results using a digital leave in thermometer - preferably with at least two probes. One for the meat, and one for pit temps. A Slow N Sear will also up your game tremendously. (Scroll down the column on the right for info.)

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Las Vegas.

I hope you're not from Minot. "Why not Minot? Freezin' is the reason." (Been there many times.)

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Minot!!! Yikes!!! Buddy o' mine was stationed up there, in Red Horse/Prime Beef stuff. Loved sendin' him pics, winter of '85/'86, from Sicily, Lampedusa, and th' Med. Got some pretty foul replies, as I recall. Heehee. 'Course, it's entirely possible I did apply too much rub! My Bad.

• Richard P
                    Richard P commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I worked for 2 years north and east of Minot. I must say it was a different place than I was use to but the people were nice.

Glad to have you in the Pit! I hope you are staying warm.

Comment

Greetings from Florida Gayette

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska, Gayette!

Comment

Gayette Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Thanks everyone! I live in Mandan, ND. The winter temps are about the same as Minot, though. Makes me think I should smoke extra meat in the summer and freeze it for winter comfort food.

Along with the usual burgers, chops, and steaks, I did smoke a couple pork shoulders last summer. Kept it simple with Mephis rub and pecan wood, and a standard snake setup. It was a good couple test runs to build on. Results were great. And I have big plans for this year (when it warms up . . . )

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Gayette! Nice to have you here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here