Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from NC and a newbie at smoker cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from NC and a newbie at smoker cooking

Just hello. I am a newbie to the smoking arena. Growing up near Lexington NC there was lots of pork BBQ all around but not much beef seen until I was stationed in Texas. Now seems like there is still a pref for pork around here the beef smoking is catching on.
    Waiting for my first pellet smoker (Grilla Silverbac) to be delivered. Been reading up and trying to get pointers in this new way of cooking (for me anyway). Posted/asked my first question this morning and got a replay from Vandy right off. Thanks Vandy. Look forward to a lot of good reading and information from the Pit masters.

Welcome to The Pit Richard P! That was quick! Thank you for your introduction. We're glad you joined!

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Greetings, Richard ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Richard P Welcome to th' Pit! Glad ya joined us here, lookin' forward to learnin' from an' with ya!

Comment

Welcome Richard P

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! You are in pork country, so I suggest that you begin with the most forgiving peice of meat for low and slow - a Boston Butt - The top part of the pork shoulder.

Comment

• Richard P
              Richard P commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks. that or a pork loin was what my brother suggested also. Loins are on sale here this week and cheaper than the butts.

• LA Pork Butt
              LA Pork Butt commented
              Editing a comment
              Richard P I would still recommend the Boston Butt, but if you go with the sale loin I suggest that you brine it to avoid it drying out too much. You want your 1st cookmto be a success.

• Richard P
              Richard P commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, will keep that in mind and the loins will probably not be on sale when grill arrives.

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Richard.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Richard P! Nice to have you here. I am jealous of you folks who live in/near the BBQ belt. Up here in MI BBQ is sadly still largely a novelty and usually it amounts to Applebees or Ruby Tuesday's ribs (which are actually really good, just not 'real' like WE do). We have a few real wood BBQ shacks, but nothing like what I hear about the south.

Comment

Welcome to the group, Richard P!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Las Vegas.

Comment

Welcome from Charlotte!

Comment

Richard P You should come join us in Concord on the 9th at The Smoke Pit. Great opportunity to meet David Parrish !

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!!! We are happy to have you here!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here