Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from San Diego

My name is Dave and I'm relatively new to smoking, about 5 or 6 months now, but I'm really enjoying it. I started by trying to smoke on my grill but quickly realized that wasn't going to cut it. After checking the ratings on AmazingRibs.com (and my bank account!)I selected the 24" Smoke Vault and I'm pretty happy with the choice. My experince so far includes baby back ribs, pork butt, brisket and beef short ribs. I even smoked ribs and pork butts for about 60 at my church. That was a challenge! AmazingRibs.com has been an invaluable source of information for me. Thanks for the help!! Personal info - mid level manager for local utility, married with two kids and four grandkids.

Hello Dave, Very nice to meet you. WELCOME!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Dave. Glad to have you here, thanks for the support! And thanks for the nice words.

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome Dave! Glad to have you with us! Look forward to hearing your smoking adventures!

Comment

Welcome, I spent a few weeks out there in San Diego which I miss a little. My typical view was
          Click image for larger version

Name:	arrivalTOWER2.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	25783

And hearing stories of Jack in the Box

Comment

Hello everybody and thank you all for your time, trouble and generous spirit in creating and supporting this Amazing website for all weary would be pitmasters such as myself. It's just extraordinarily packed with everything one ever needs to know about grilling and more. I hosted a small gathering yesterday, and used the "Last Meal Ribs" recipe by Meathead. I had three racks of loin back ribs (baby back?), and intended to cook them for 4 hours. After 3 1/2 hours I succumbed to the pressure of my guests and finished off the ribs with the sauce glaze. They were a total HIT with everyone, but alas, were a little too too firm in my opinion. Well, there will be other opportunities to do justice to the recipe and all your good advice, so there's always that! Thanks again everyone!

Comment

Hey welcome Dave. San Diego used to be home away from home when I was stationed at Ballast Point many, many moons ago. Lived all over the area....La Mesa, El Cajon, Spring Valley, just to name a few. Hardly recognized the place when I went for a visit a couple of years ago. You will love this site. The folks here are very helpful and the recipe's would cost you some serious money if they were in cookbooks. Look forward to chatting with you in the future. (and I don't have the heart to tell John what some of the nicknames for Jack in the Box were back in the day....)

Comment

I've been enjoying the site immensely. I don't buy the meat until I've reviewed the site and recipes!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here