Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Santee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide Santee

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161209_150352.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	283.7 KB
ID:	252802Click image for larger version

Name:	20161209_161145.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	252803Click image for larger version

Name:	20161209_161907.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	252804Click image for larger version

Name:	20161209_162202.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	252805
    Dear Meathead,

I really enjoyed your book. It has completely changed my understanding of BBQ. I have had a lot of hit & miss over the years. The idea that 2 zone cooking was coals on both sides. Mostly tri tip, beer but chicken, & Costco bacon wrap filet grilled on a three zone Char Griller. Currently I am grilling with Akon Kamado with the grill grates and a warm stone great for pizza.

It was around the time I discovered your book that I saw an ad for the Anova Sous Vide precision cooker. Since I am limited in two zone capability (I should have read Amazingribs before I bought my grill) I have been paring the two. It seems your book and this style of cooking are a perfect match. Time & controlled temperature have produced some great results.

Anyway I just wanted to let you know what a fan you have! I can’t wait to pick up a Weber so that I can master the 225 & 325 two zone!

Sincerely,
    Steven Mulligan

Welcome aboard! Looks like you have the steaks down!

Comment

• s98raider
      s98raider commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Put nice whisky pepper corn sauce for an added kick!

Welcome to the Pit s98raider ... 👍

All of us that find our way to AR are humbled by Meathead's content. It's truly humbling to learn how little you knew before reading his myth buster's. Then when you fully understand 2-zone cooking it's a forehead slapper. Then you pony up for a Thermapen and read Meathead's Meat temperature chart... another forehead slapper. It's all so academic Watson... easy once you figure it out.🤔

The wisdom in the Pit is endless... you never quit learning. We have pizza experts, learned Sous Vide cookers, a few guys that know about bread and many, many honest to goodness Pit Masters galore!

Enjoy your journey in the Pit no matter what direction you travel into.👍

Comment

• s98raider
      s98raider commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! Look forward to leaning more

Welcome to the pit, Steve.

Meathead has certainly changed my BBQ life too.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit s98raider! We're glad you joined!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• s98raider
        s98raider commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you

Welcome to The Pit s98raider! Nice to have you here. I certainly wouldn't refuse a steak plate like that! When the time comes to get your Weber, be sure to check out the Slow 'N Sear for it. You'll be glad you did, trust me. Look froward to more from you!

Comment

• s98raider
        s98raider commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. Already starting to price it out & budget it for next year. Until then I keep working the SV with a high Reverse sear on the grill grates. Love that thing!

Welcome s98raider you will enjoy The Pit and all it's information.

Comment

• s98raider
        s98raider commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Skip. I love a good tri tip!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here