Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arkansas to Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arkansas to Texas

I was born in Arkansas, grew up in Mississippi, now in Texas. I was weaned on a PK Grill that my Dad had for like forever.
    He used kingsford charcoal, told us that we could add whatever seasoning when he was finished cooking the meat. I'm glad he
    taught me that a good beer goes well with grilled food. I've had various tools, but recently got a Weber performer deluxe. Man, what a deal!!! I'm glad that I discovered Meathead prior to getting it, as he's helping me get started right. I can't really say enough about being soooo grateful for M Goldwyn. His humble sharing his experience, wisdom, and wit will continue on and on for generations. Thanks so much Meathead Santa is giving me my slow n sear....can hardly wait. Everything I've tried at Meathead's suggestion has been super right on! Especially REVERSE SEAR. not to mention borsin style jalapeno poppers...
    I ended up using Allouette spinach and artichoke spread with Meathead's great idea of using the cooked and chopped bacon pieces in the stuffing. Did I mention how my wife now loves what I cook, guided by Meathead. She was out of town, so I didn't want to pig out on a big ole porterhouse alone, so I followed Meathead's use of flank steak with a board sauce using herbs from our garden. I didn't tell my wife, but she found leftovers in the fridge and made a point to tell me how dang good that was. It is nice to be part of the world wide brethren of bbq, where sharing and tips make us all better cooks.

Welcome smokinchuck2

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

• smokinchuck2
        smokinchuck2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lippert Components.....all things RV and MHI

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        smokinchuck2 I figured if it was up there it was RV related. Had a buddy up there that sold out his company to Winnebago if I remember right. He was in the Shipshewana area. I'm down in the southwestern third of the state.

• smokinchuck2
        smokinchuck2 commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks for the Welcome, Nate

Welcome to the Pit from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome - great photo working the BBQ! My fingers are crossed that someone in my family will be getting me Meathead's book for Christmas.

Comment

• smokinchuck2
          smokinchuck2 commented
          Editing a comment
          two buddy coworkers grilling burgers for the plant

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the pit. This place changed my BBQ life for the better.

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit smokinchuck2! Thanks for the introduction!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
              1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
              2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from Baltimore, MD!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit smokinchuck2! Great intro! The Performer with the SnS is a great setup with pro results on the inexpensive side. And I agree, well grilled beef with a fresh herb board sauce is amazing! I look forward to hearing & seeing more form you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here