Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello kind people. From Michigan here. The Great Lakes State!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello kind people. From Michigan here. The Great Lakes State!

Hello to all.
    My name is Rob. aka: RobBq
    53 yrs young, and 40 of them cooking. Started out with Mom in the kitchen. I have a few WSM smokers and Weber Kettles. Recently purchased a MES for another experience.

In short:
    I am a 35 year tradesman / machinist / cnc programmer and cad designer, in the auto, aerospace, military, medical and domestic special prototype machining.
    Activities include of course cooking and BBq. Fishing, golf, Pro Football and Baseball fan, Craft beer and scotch. A family man married over 25 yrs. with 3 awesome respectable young men. Just started a trial subscription and am sure to join full time . I have visited this page numerous times to learn the science of my passion. And as well reading up on all the great food people here cook and smoke. I had asked for and received Meatheads book and love it.

Thank you for all the great brotherhood articles and advise.
    I am sure my education is just going to expand beyond description.

Respectfully
    RobBq

Welcome from southern Indiana.

Comment

Welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Rob!

Comment

Welcome from the Great State of Virginia!

Comment

Welcome RobBq from Florida.

Comment

Greetings, Rob ... and welcome aboard!

Comment

From where in MI RobBq

Comment

• RobBq
                  RobBq commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That would be from Macomb twp. About 50 miles north of Detroit. West of Selfridge Air National Guard Base.

• vandy
                  vandy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wasn't born there but I grew up in Michigan on the other side of the state around Holland. I still have a few relatives that live there.

Welcome from your neighbors in Wisconsin!

Comment

Welcome from Sunny CA!

Comment

RobBq, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
                    Enjoy "The Pit"!
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome RobBq

Comment

Welcome! I'm a former Youper--45 years ago now. DO become a permanent member!

Comment

Welcome aboard Rob!

Comment

Welcome aboard Rob. Expand you shall & we all will be the beneficiaries of it.
                            When I was working at a RV dealership on Gratiot we always used to see the camouflaged Budweiser truck running into Selfridge. Wonder if they still have one like that. Glad to have you with us, enjoy the ride!

Comment

• RobBq
                              RobBq commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thank you Fireman!
                              Wow! the one north of 21 mile? I was borne in Mt Clemens. We moved to 23 1/2 and Gratiot when I was 10. Our family owned and ran a small Motel ( Chucks Motor Court ) for over 35 years. So I grew up mainly in Chesterfield twp.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here