Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone. I'm Jim and I'm a new member. I've been learning to use my smoker from this site and thought it was about time I joined the group. Thanks for all the help everyone has given me. I purchased a number of Gold Medal rated items from this page and I've attempted several of the "tested recipes" i found posted. Without question, this is the best and most helpful site on the internet when it comes to all things BBQ/Smoker related!

Welcome to The Pit LT24. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support! Thanks for the kind words and I agree that this is the best site for information and helpful people. What smoker do you have?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab.
    • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

• LT24
      LT24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the welcome. I'm working on my homework and handled the other instructions from above.

• LT24
      LT24 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a Smoke Hollow 44" LP Gas Smoker my gorgeous wife bought me as a Christmas present. Before I used it for the first time I bought a Tel-Tru BQ300 Thermometer with a Glow Dial and a Maverick ET733 Redi-Chek wireless thermometer. I recently replaced the two of the grates with GrillGrates.

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for letting us know about your equipment and if you need any help adding it to your signature.

Welcome LT24

Comment

• LT24
      LT24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Glad to be part of this group.

Greetings Jim ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

• LT24
      LT24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello and thank you.

Welcome Jim. We agree!

Comment

• LT24
      LT24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

Welcome LT24. Nice looking bird you've got there!

Comment

Oh, so you were the one who was just taking, & taking & buying stuff recommended & not putting anything in. Well, it's about time. Glad to have you aboard. Looking forward to more pics & more cooks. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

• LT24
        LT24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahahaha...You got me, i admit it. I was feeling pretty guilty and had to become part of this group. Thank you for the welcome message.

LT24, Jim, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• LT24
        LT24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, I'm looking forward to learning even more.

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

• LT24
        LT24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. So happy to be part of this now.

Welcome LT24 . Enjoy THE PIT!!

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I drove past Blue Earth yesterday on my way to and from Austin. I waved, Hey Skip!! (no answer) I was driving from NW Iowa to Austin for work. (after driving from the cites to NW Iowa that morning, but thats a whole 'nuther story. ) Haha

• LT24
        LT24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, I already do.

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you here.

Comment

• LT24
        LT24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I'm looking forward to learning/trying more new techniques.

Welcome! I can't count how many valuable tips I've gotten from this forum.

Comment

• LT24
        LT24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I feel the same way.

Welcome from Nebraska, Jim!!!

Comment

• LT24
        LT24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank for the welcome Shane. It's probably a bit warmer here in west central Florida today than it is in your neck of the woods. Stay warm up there.

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD!

Comment

• LT24
        LT24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I'm looking forward to learning more about making delicious stuff for my family.

Welcome Jim!

I'd like to add a couple things.

Following AmazingRibs.com, the step from novice to good is not too hard; with the help of The Pit, the step from good to amazing is just as easy! (The step from amazing to spectacular can't be taught, you just have to do a lot of cooking and personalizing. Everyone gets better with time and experience.)

Some people like to participate, some don't. I've found the best way to get to know the people you "hang out with" on the internet is to post pictures, of both your successes and your failures. The Pit is what I call an invested forum. People have paid to come here. What that means is that the "everyone has an opinion" people are not to be found, as they can add their $.02 other places for free. People come here because they care, about the food and about other bbqers. This is a really great place to share, and more importantly, to GROW. I remember early on posting photos on my BGE smoking away like a steam locomotive... I thought that was how you were supposed to smoke stuff. I learned, I grew, there was no embarrassment, just a progression of better results. I'm proud to say that I've gone from a 4 to a 6 since I've been here! (I'll never break through to the upper echelons, my idea is to cook and eat, no fancy stuff in my heart. But my solid fare is pretty doggone good.)

Bon appetit!

Comment

• LT24
        LT24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great advice Mosca! Through this site I've become comfortable with the basics of smoking. Family favorites are ribs, pulled pork, chicken wings, and my absolute favorite is pork bellies. In contrast I’ve failed with two beef briskets! Both were way over-smoked with a texture like saddle leather.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here