Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to site. Just saying "Hi"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to site. Just saying "Hi"

New here and fairly new to smoking. Previous smoke experience was with an old Brinkman that I never mastered.

I've had my 18.5" WSM for about six months now, and have finally kinda/sorta figured out pork butts and ribs... still a long way to go.

I live in Las Vegas where I play poker on the strip about every day. I'm also an avid amateur astronomer. Retired engineer, just "livin' the dream".

Looking forward to entering conversations and seeing others' cooks.

Welcome!!

You get any good looks of Orion during the winter?

Comment

Greetings and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome aboard Lowjiber!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
          Welcome!!

You get any good looks of Orion during the winter?
          Orion is standing tall in my early morning sky this time of the year. I keep at least one scope mounted in the backyard 24/7/365 and wake at 0300 hrs every day. I at least sneak a peek at M42 (The Great Nebula in Orion) at least three mornings a week.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            That is so cool. Space videos has some neat stuff on YouTube.

Welcome Lowjiber

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Lowjiber! Nice to have you here. I'm a big fan of poker too! I've never played for money, just chips or fake money if it's online. I have a set of chips and my friends and my wife & I used to be really into it until we all started having kids. Now it's just guitar drums and BBQ, and occasionally fishing for this camper. Anyway, thanks for your support here. We have another active member from the Vegas area. Holla back, boftx

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
            1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
            2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome, and enjoy the stars! Orion is very prominent here, as well, early morn'.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska!!

Comment

@ILowjiber, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
                    Enjoy "The Pit"!
                    Our Son is an Amature Astronomers! He is Constantly Buying and Selling Telescopes?
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome from down south in Alabama

Comment

Welcome from Norway!

Comment

Welcome to the pit !! I Love the clear desert nights and beautiful skies too, I used to live in the high desert near Victorville, Ca. for several years. Sounds like you got your lil piece of heaven right there Do you cut your own mesquite for smoking ?

Comment

• Lowjiber
                            Lowjiber commented
                            Editing a comment
                            No. I primarily use apple wood.

I used Mesquite a few years ago when I lived in Texas. We don't have it growing naturally in the high desert.

Welcome from Indiana..

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here