Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From New Hampshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From New Hampshire

Hello Everyone, my name is Dan and I am new to low and slow. I have always wanted to do it, but thought it was too hard. I am not a great cook inside and I would either under or over cook on a gas grill. A friend at work started smoking and told me it was not hard to do. I had a Weber Kettle grill sitting in the back corner of my yard not doing anything, so I thought what the heck, I will give it a try. While I was researching how to turn the weber into a smoker I came across the AmazingRibs site and I have not looked back. I have smoked a turkey, brisket, pork butt, and I just finished a pastrami. Everything came out great and was family approved. I never thought that smoking meats could be so much fun. The only bad thing is that it is getting cold out so it is making it tougher to do. Thanks and hope to meet some new people and get some more knowledge.

Dan

Welcome TexHampshire

Comment

Welcome. TexHampshire , Glad you've joined us here at the Pit!
      It sounds like yer already well on the Path.
      What size Weber do you have, have you added any accessories to make smokin' easier?
      Somethin' you should know, right offa th' bat, is we loves pics here! Please share some, if ya' have any. If ya' have problems postin' them, we'll get ya' though that...

Comment

Dan Clark, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
        Another Weber Kettle User by the name of Dan Here! Add an S 'n S (Slow 'n Sear) and get yourself a good leave in Thermometer such as the Maverick 732 or733 and a good Instant Read Thermometer such as the Thermopen MK 4 by ThermoWorks! You will be on your way to be a Champion BBQ'r!
        Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	413.1 KB
ID:	235503Click image for larger version

Views:	95
Size:	373.5 KB
ID:	235504Click image for larger version

Views:	93
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	235507Click image for larger version

Views:	95
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	235505Click image for larger version

Views:	90
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	235506Click image for larger version

Views:	91
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	235509Click image for larger version

Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	235512Click image for larger version

Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	235511

Click image for larger version

Views:	94
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	235508Click image for larger version

Views:	92
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	235510

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Is that a well-loved Old Hickory knife I spy in th' last pic?

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones, Sorry It is a Well loved Vintage Chicaco Cutlery Carving Knife! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Hi, Dan! Welcome to the group!

Comment

Greetings, Dan ... welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit TexHampshire. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support! You're doing great if the family approves and you're having fun. Snap some photos of one of your cooks and post a few so we can drool over them.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
            • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab.
            • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Hey Dan, glad you're getting positive outcomes now. Keep it on, Bro'.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! There are guys up north who don't let the weather stop them. Reach out for help. I can keep going pretty easily with my winters and my BGE.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit TexHampshire! Thanks for your support here. It's great to hear that you've progressed from 'it's too hard' to making great smoked meats! It really is easy once you have solid information. The Slow 'N Sear that DanJohnston949 is telling you about is a great tool, but it's currently not available for an 18" kettle, only the 22" and 26" kettles. If ever you find yourself up-sizing to one of those, you'd love it! Anyway, great to have you here.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                    Danjohnston949 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Huskee, OOPS, I missed that! Thanks Aaron! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Hey Dan ! TexHampshire

Comment

Welcome from Indiana!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here