Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

njedward at your service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

njedward at your service

I’m Nate Edwards. Been a member of the site for a while, but had forgotten I had posted a question about Apple Pie Shine back in August until a few days ago when I was poking around the site for something. Thanks for the reminder to introduce myself, Mr. Moderator!

Me: Husband of one awesome woman and 3 great kids. Born in central Illinois, grew up in eastern Iowa, then back to central Illinois for high school, college, and the present.

My work: I am one of two music teachers in a small rural school district in Illinois and have been teaching kids about 2 of my passions (music and singing) for 17 years. Great profession, great community to teach in….just wish we could get a do-over with politicians in Springfield. We just need to start over.

I’ve been cooking with fire since I was young, but ever since adulthood I love to explore the different idioms….Open fire, gas, charcoal, and now sous-vide. KILLER sous-vide salmon last night. Getting interested in pizza outdoors these days, and having a great time with the "afterburner technique" on my chimney starter. (Not with pizza, though)

Past Equipment:

Weber Kettle, Lodge Camp Stove, Brinkmann (Sam’s Club) Charcoal Grill

Current Equipment:

Primo Oval XL, Cook-Air (Red), Anova Sous-Vide Cooker

Thermapen and BBQ Guru Cyber Q Wifi

My home also has a covered-side porch where all the equipment is stationed, ready rain or shine, summer or winter. We call it the cooking porch.

Best thing about amazingribs.com:

Can always count on the owner and moderators to be responsive and helpful. Great job guys! Stay Smoky!

Welcome njedward

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Nate!

Comment

Nate, welcome! I've also have a Primo Oval XL that I got in January and I love it. I started doing pizza recently too. It's a great cooker for Pizza. Just make sure you have a high heat gasket on there before you do Neopolitan pizza. I learned the hard way

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!!! We are happy to have you here. Music is similar to BBQ in that it touches the soul of everyone. It cool that you are able to carry both of those things to young people.

I was in band for 2 days in 5th grade. Apparently, pushing all the valves down and blowing into your TUBA as hard as you can during the Flute portion of practice is frowned upon. That was the end of my music career. But I am a huge fan of Music and I am one hell of a Air guitarist. I can shred with the best of them.

Anyway, Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

njedward, Nate, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit njedward. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support!

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
            • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab.
            • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit njedward 👍

You've got a great cooker for baking pizza. That Primo is as good as a brick oven once you get it set up properly. Plus it's a set it and forget it smoker too.

i use my charcoal starter as my searing cooker for tri tips that I've cooked in my Sous Vide bath tub many times. I figure why transfer warp 10 hot briquettes to my SnS and have to clean up both pieces of equipment.👍

Comment

Welcome from Indiana..

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
                  Welcome to the Pit!!! We are happy to have you here. Music is similar to BBQ in that it touches the soul of everyone. It cool that you are able to carry both of those things to young people.

I was in band for 2 days in 5th grade. Apparently, pushing all the valves down and blowing into your TUBA as hard as you can during the Flute portion of practice is frowned upon. That was the end of my music career. But I am a huge fan of Music and I am one hell of a Air guitarist. I can shred with the best of them.

Anyway, Welcome to the Pit!
                  Let's Jam, Brother!!! I din't start playin git-fiddle until '67, I always tell people when they come up a blatherin': "Thanks, but I jus' gotta Learner's Permit!!!"

Alla that there Air Guitarin' will create a most favorable breeze for our cookers, an' releases endorphins! All good, in my book! ;-) Win-Win.

Be patient, an' I'll make dang sure to cue you, when th' big tuba solo comes around lol!!!

Comment

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Count me in !!

Welcome, Nate! It sounds like you bring some nice experience / skills to the table.
                  Lookin' forward to hearin' more.

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska, Nate!

Comment

A VERY belated welcome to The Pit njedward !

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here