Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Australia

I find myself here as I was looking to buy a Kamado joe. I am keen to get into the low and slow scene. I already owned a weber kettle so thought I would have a go on it first. Through my search for the best practice I came across the slow and sear product of which I found and Australian distributor. Order has been placed and waiting for it to arrive. Of course as it happens now the Kamados are discounted by 20% at one of our distirbutors. Anyway its SnS for now hope I made the right decision.
    I came here as there seems to be a bit of a SnS community building. They cost a bit in Australia due to post and imports however so do the Kamado Joe. Wish me luck.

Welcome grepin

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Where in Oz are you?

Comment

Welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Welcome. Any "bad time" of the season to grill there?

Comment

I think once you get the SNS and use it a couple of times to learn how it works you will be very happy. It might be the best thing to happen to the weber kettle ever. Good luck with your new toy.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I am from Adelaide. There is not really a bad time to grill here. Ranges between 50F-104F at the extreme ends winter to summer.

Comment

Welcome aboard grepin! Yeah, what SteveB said. Don't have fish like that up here in the Great Lakes, what is it? We have a lot of fisher dudes & dudettes that are members. Our most famous fisher dude is Huskee. Looking forward to your pics & input. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

Welcome to the group, Grepin!

Comment

Welcome, grepin ! Glad yer here, enjoy th' Weber / SNS combo... it can do wondermous thangs; th' rest is up to you!

Sláinte!

Comment

Originally posted by grepin View Post
                      Thanks everyone. I am from Adelaide. There is not really a bad time to grill here. Ranges between 50F-104F at the extreme ends winter to summer.
                      Adelaide is a great town. Many fond memories of fine food and wine I enjoyed there during the all too short time I spend there while with BHP Billiton back in the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
                        Welcome aboard grepin! Yeah, what SteveB said. Don't have fish like that up here in the Great Lakes, what is it? We have a lot of fisher dudes & dudettes that are members. Our most famous fisher dude is Huskee. Looking forward to your pics & input. Enjoy the ride!
                        That Fish is a Snapper. Probably about 80cm long and around 6-7 kg.
                        Might be a little bigger and heavier cant remember.

Comment

• FireMan
                          FireMan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Most interesting, I've had many of Red Snapper, nothing even close to that big.

• EdF
                          EdF commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's because Oz is the Texas of the southern hemisphere!

grepin, Welcome to "The Pit". You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"! You Folks Down Under are going to enjoy the Weber S 'n S Combo as much as we Up Yonder Do! Be sure you check out the S 'n S information at abcbarbecueco.com! In the Techiques and Recipes Section David Parrish (Dave) and Huskee (Aaron) and the Good Folks at AdrenalineBBQCo have an excellent Tutorial on Vent and Temp Control of the Weber and S 'n S Combo!
                        The last Pic below is the New "Drip-n-Grill Pan for the Weber & S 'n S also by AdrenalineBBQCo!
                        Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND USA, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	5.05 MB ID:	232451Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	35 Size:	496.1 KB ID:	232452Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	32 Size:	523.9 KB ID:	232454Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	15 Size:	569.2 KB ID:	232453Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	3.90 MB ID:	232455Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	1.29 MB ID:	232457Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	954.8 KB ID:	232456Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	72.6 KB ID:	232458Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.44 MB ID:	232459
                        Last edited by Danjohnston949; October 23, 2016, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Welcome aboard! I have had my SnS for over a year, and I love what I can do with it. I think you will be very happy with your purchase.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit grepin. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support!

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                            • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab.
                            • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here