Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from PNW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from PNW

OK, so after lurking for months, an intro. I found AR in the course of looking for something, maybe reverse sear info? Started reading the wisdom of Meathead & Co, and it sure seemed like they knew what they were about. Die cast. Bought in on The Pit soon after.
    After decades of gas fired grills and smokers, and trying so many of the tricks to improve results on things they weren't so good at, I decided to go full retro and acquired a charcoal kettle (and SnS, and ...). I've been having good success with it, especially combined up with the Anova sous vide.

So a tip of the hat to the hosts and members. I've learned so much stuff that works from you.

Greetings, Bruce ... welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Bruce54, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"! There are lots of Weber Kettle and S 'n S Users Here including Me! All are Good People and Quick to help if You have a Questions!
      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	5.05 MB ID:	229391

Comment

Welcome Bruce54

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Bruce54. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support! Great signature.

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
          • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab.
          • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! You will find tons of tips from folks with Webers and SNS.

Comment

Welcome aboard Bruce! You will also learn many new acronyms, like for onions even. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

Welcome Bruce54 ! Nice to have you here with us. I too used gas for years until one day I got the wild idea to go retro as you worded it, and it's amazing how it tasted better than I remember it in my early childhood. My dad switched to gas when I was 8 or 9 but I remembered being really little and him using charcoal.

Great job on your signature too. Look forward to more from you!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys! (Homework done )

Ditto Huskee The gateway that got me to trying the kettle was the reverse sear steak. Unless you fork out some serious bucks, it's hard to get a gas grill low enough or high enough temperature to do what you want. Then you still have to jump through some hoops to get something like the flavors you get automatically with charcoal / wood. I still use the little gas grill for a quick set of sausages, but everything else just comes out better with the kettle.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!! We are happy to have you here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here