Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from the Central Coast of California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from the Central Coast of California

How is everyone doing today? I've been bar-b-q'ing for many years with the standard adjustable open pit style rig, way before they were called Santa Maria style bar b q's ;-), plus I remember when tri-tip was only around .89 cents a pound or so. I was lucky to have learned to bar b q from my Dad and Uncle. I'm lucky to still live on the little farm my Grandparents bought in 1914, so I guess I'm now considered one of the real old time locals, plus my place has plenty of coastal red oak available on it to trim for my pit. Besides my open pit I have a gasser with the 12 inch pellet tube smoker addition for it and I've just purchased a MES 40" that I'm going to attempt to get the hang of, so I'll be reading up on this from you pros, I've never done the true low and slow cook. Well all you Cooks have a great day. This looks like fun.
    Thanks in advance for upcoming answers, Rj

Greetings, RJ ... welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome!!

I've used plenty red oak in east Texas.

Comment

Welcome sir! I am in southern CA. Let me know if you ever want to part with any of that Red Oak, i'd gladly make the drive! Cheers

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!! I use red oak all the time. Great stuff. Its sound like your place is incredible.

Comment

Welcome aboard loadpin! I'm great today as was your introduction! Hope to see you around The Pit often.

Comment

Welcome loadpin

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Glad to have you in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit loadpin! Great to have an ol' pro here! Thanks for your support. That MES will do some killer smoked salmon, if that's your thing. As much as I love my wood- or wood & charcoal-smoked salmon, I LOVE it done on an electric.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

loadpin, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
                      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Thank you everyone for sending out such great welcome greetings to all of us newbies. It's really great to see a group who gets along, having the set of guidelines is also nice so everyone stays focused. Again Thanks!!

Comment

I was in Paso last week. Such beautiful country and great wines. You are luc ky!

Comment

• loadpin
                            loadpin commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank You Meathead, I really am truly blessed to live where I do. Don't know if you were headed north or south, but my place is about 10 miles east of Pismo and there's always cold ones in my fridge for weary travelers and 3 or 4 winery's within a couple miles with great tasting rooms.

Welcome...and you're in a prime location for wood, meat, and wine. Fell right into that one! Very lucky. Enjoy.
                          And enjoy your time spent here as well.

Comment

Currently live in the Bay Area, but had relatives in the SLO/Grover Beach area. I do tri tip all the time...send some red oak my way!

Welcome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here