Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Central Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Central Texas

New here and waiting on a new Fast Eddys PG500 to replace my 16 year old Weber grill. Have mostly cooked steaks, burgers, and seafood (salmon, ahi tuna, and scallops) on the grill. Never tried low and slow, but looking forward to learning here and improving my skills. I bought the book and started reading during my wait. Already learned several myths that I believed were untrue.

Fun to learn and try different things. My wife of 36 years and I like trying new recipes and always say there are always pizza take out or PBJ's if it fails and I've had some epic although not dangerous fails.

Welcome to the Pit! You live in central Texas and with all the great BBQ joints you have never been tempted to try low and slow?

Comment

• Centex Hokie
      Centex Hokie commented
      Editing a comment
      I've eaten lots of low and slow here, but cook any? No, but hey I didn't run my first marathon till I was 50. I'm a slow learner

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      Guest I think you will make it. Low and slow is to grilling as a marathon is to a sprint.
      Last edited by LA Pork Butt; September 26, 2016, 04:15 PM.

Welcome Centex Hokie

Comment

Welcome to the Pit ...

Comment

Thanks@DWCowles and Mbmorgan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Centex Hokie. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
          • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
          • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Howdy,Centex Hokie, and welcome to the Pit!!!

Wherebouts y'all located in Texas? My BFF lives in Pittsburg, she was living in Leesburg before, right on Lake Bob Sandlin. Beautiful country therebouts!!

Comment

• Centex Hokie
              Centex Hokie commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm just west of Waco. We grew up in the foothills of NC so even though this area has rolling hills we like it for the people rather than the scenery.

Oh, you're gonna have fun! Welcome!

Comment

Howdy from Gtown TX!

Comment

• Centex Hokie
                Centex Hokie commented
                Editing a comment
                One of my co-workers is from Gtown. He has a Pit boss 820 and has been sharing his learning with me. Now if they would just get the grill to me, I could try it out.
                Last edited by Centex Hokie; September 27, 2016, 09:34 AM.

Greetings from a fellow Hokie (2006)! I'm in Charlotte now. Grew up in Richmond area.

Comment

• Centex Hokie
                Centex Hokie commented
                Editing a comment
                Go Hokies! I grew up in Hickory. I'm an old Hokie (1982).

Welcome to the Pit! We are happy to have you here.

Comment

Welcome and enjoy!

Comment

Centex Hokie, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
                  Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Thanks for the kind welcome guys. Looking forward to learning and enjoying some new things.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Centex Hokie. Nice to have you here. If you ever feel like sharing any future epic fails, we have a FAIL! thread for those of us who don't mind laughing at ourselves.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here