Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie here from San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie here from San Diego

Hello all. I'm pretty much brand new to barbecuing. I had a Weber Genesis for about 10 years but mostly used it for burgers and dogs. I never realized how versatile it could be. Long story short, got an itch to upgrade my backyard and decided to build and outdoor kitchen, among other things. Currently about 6 weeks from completion. Gave my Weber to an employee of remodel company and bought a XL BGE and a 42" Lynx all sear grill. I found this website while researching recipes, rubs, and general knowledge on grilling. I've already learned a ton from here. Bought Meathead's book, became a member, and I'm learning more and more everyday. I can't wait for the backyard to be completed so I can get started.

Welcome Krughzn

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! We're glad you're here! 😎

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Krughzn. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support! Congrats on the outdoor kitchen and feel free to post some photos.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
          • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
          • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! With your kitchen and the Pit you are in a good place.

Comment

Welcome to the extreme southwest corner (and a very lovely place)!

We'll be looking forward to your adventures with the new equipment.

Comment

welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have ya. Your going to love that Egg. There are tons of Kamado folks in here. (Myself included.) Thank you for the support.

Comment

Welcome aboard Krughzn. I'm just wonderin if that might be a camouflaged cruisin. Glad to have you join the gang, enjoy the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
                    Welcome aboard Krughzn. I'm just wonderin if that might be a camouflaged cruisin. Glad to have you join the gang, enjoy the ride.
                    Good job. Yes it is. Thanks for the hospitality everyone.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Krughzn ... I grew up in San Diego.👍

Here's some great info to shorten your learning curve on your BGE: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo.../kamado-cookes

Browse through those threads and you will be way ahead of the average new Kamado owner.

Your 42" all sear Lynx...😆 That's a fine cooker!!!

Comment

Breadhead Thanks. I read a lot of your posts last night. I plan on taking about 2 weeks off from work when the backyard is done to really get to know what I'm dealing with. Day 1 will be all about the egg. I'll have my sharpie and adult beverages at the ready.

Comment

• Breadhead
                          Breadhead commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Good move.👍 1 load of lump. 1 sharpie and a half of rack of beer. You will get a good gripe on heat control.👍

Welcome Krughzn. I live in Point Loma.

Comment

Thanks Easy Money. I wish I could live in Point Loma. BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm more of an East County guy. Grew up in Lakeside and now live in El Cajon.

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here