Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My tastebuds thank you. (So does my wife)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My tastebuds thank you. (So does my wife)

I remember growing up watchiing my dad throw a piece of meat on a grill and having flames all over the place and he would end up with a charred black mass that used to be meat and that is what passed for bbq in our house. Fast forward 30+ years (not saying how old i am) and my grilling skills have improved to where we are not eating charred meat anymore. I thought i was pretty good on the grill then about a year ago I stumble across this website and my world is changed forever.

THANK YOU!!
    Just using my old gasser and the techniques from here my grilling and bbq skills have improved a hundredfold. Eventually I decided to up my game and knew i wanted to get a smoker. So many choices. Thanks to the ratings and reviews and my limited time available i needed something inexpensive and easy...BOOM! The pit barrel cooker was exactly what i needed. I have done 3 cooks on it in the 3 weeks i have had it and everything was awesome. This Thursday i am attempting my first 12 lb packer brisket.

Just about all the meat consumed in our house over the past 3 years is cooked on the grill, or from now on, smoked. The priced of admission to the pit is a small price to pay for such a vast warehouse of knowledge.

Welcome to The Pit Northside Brian. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support! Congratulations on the PBC and good luck on your first brisket!

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
    • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

We are very happy to hear you are enjoying your Pit Barrel Cooker. Please feel free to contact us anytime if you have questions or concerns. Be sure to check out the great videos on our website at www.pitbarrelcooker.com.

Comment

Welcome and GO VIKINGS!

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey... You're in AZ and you are rooting for the Vikings? My, my, my...😡

I have to, my wife was born there. I've actually been a fan for a long time.

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok... The wife thing I cut you some slack on. But you... After this years Super Bowl win, you're a Cardinals fan, right?

My Son and his wife fly 2 flags... Seahawks/Eagles. They have 2 kids and a dog. All three have both jerseys.😆 2 team families are doable.😎

Welcome to the pit, you can really up your game here. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ. Hated to see Bridgewater go down.

Comment

@ASRedneck, I currently live in Ft Worth Texas (about 20 yrs) but i was born and raised in MN and have been and always will be a Vikings fan. My wife was born and raised here in Texas. She wasnt much of a football fan when we met so i forced her to become a Vikings fan..it was part of our wedding vows . I love my PBC. I have a decent 4 burner gas grill, now my smoker. Next step is to find a good charcoal grill. I am debating between a weber kettle or a PK Grill. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Comment

I have been using a Weber Kettle for many years. It's the only charcoal cooking device I have, or care to have for now. They are great for direct and indirect cooking. You can do some really good smoking on them if cooking small portions. Actually, I have successfully smoked 18 pound full pork shoulders on a Weber until the bone pulled right out of it. I personally recommend Weber. They are awesome IMO!

Comment

A belated welcome to The Pit Northside Brian! Thanks for joining up, and great intro! We're glad you enjoy the value of The Pit, thanks for helping support it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here