Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Pellet grill arrives today -- I am a smoker virgin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Pellet grill arrives today -- I am a smoker virgin

Suggestions on the first recipe I should try? I would like something that is easy to get right -- does not need to be the absolute best. My goal is that even with imperfect cooking, it comes out edible. It is a Daniel Boone (with WiFi) from Green Mountain.
    Last edited by kevin_frisch; September 3, 2016, 09:10 AM.

It would help if we knew what grill arrived. That said, pork butts and chuck roasts are very forgiving. Don't forget to run it as hot as you can for a while before adding meat to remove any grease or chemicals left from manufacturing .
    And congrats on your new cooker - whatever it is... LOL

Comment

Ditto for what RonB said. Just be aware that pork butt and chuck roasts will take some time. So fill that hopper up and hit the start button, then start preheating! Congrats on your new cooker.

Comment

Last meal ribs.

Comment

For a longer cook last meal ribs or pork butts, and for a shorter cook chicken thighs.

Comment

...and Welcome to The Pit!

Comment

What did you end up cooking, Kevin? And, did you get some pics to share, of both your shiny new GMDB and the food?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here