Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sleepless in San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleepless in San Antonio

Hi, New here but I've been hooked on low and slow since I bought Chris Lilly's "Big Bob Gibson's book of BBQ" about 10 years ago. I have three cookers right now, Weber performer, WSM 22 and a Primo Oval Jr. If you're looking at an Oval, I recommend biting the bullet and getting the larger one as the Jr. has pretty limited space: it'll char a steak at 750 but 2 steaks is the best you'll do with a 2 zone fire.

I've been lurking here a few years and finally decided to join the Pit. Here's what I cooked for the wife tonight:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	shrooms.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	215088

Pretty simple: portabella mushrooms hollowed out, brushed well with olive oil to keep them from drying out, filled with crab, sprinkled with magic dust rub from one of my favorite books: Peace, Love and Barbecue and topped with cheese with more rub and some crushed pepper flakes.

Looking forward to being part of the group and learning more about outdoor cooking.

Bill

Welcome bcostlow

Comment

Welcome to The Pit bcostlow! Thanks for joining up with us, and for your support. Crab-stuffed mushrooms topped with cheese sure sounds good! Nice cook.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard bcostlow! That is a beautiful cook and looks delicious. Nice cookers too! See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana... Big bob Gibson book is a must have and Chris is awesome... Meathead has an interview posted in here with him.

Comment

bcostlow, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! I love the River Walk in San Antonio especially during the Holiday Season!
            Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Bienvenido from Victoria (Texas, that is)

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. Thank You for the support. It's good to see your starting out by posting pictures. The more the better. Anyway, Welcome to this crazy place we call the Pit!!

Comment

Greetings, Bill ... and welcome aboard! I have a few "fond" memories of San Antonio ... involving Lackland AFB, basic training, and the summer of '69 ... ...

Comment

'69? That was a tough time to serve. Thanks for all you did! If you ever make it back to San Antonio, first adult beverage is on me.

Bill

Comment

• MBMorgan
                        MBMorgan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Deal!

Originally posted by Danjohnston949 View Post
                      bcostlow, I love the River Walk in San Antonio especially during the Holiday Season!
                      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
                      For the record, the Riverwalk is nice but there are way better restaurants in town than that food court on the creek /P

If you or anyone else gets down this way I'm happy to set up a food tour for anyone who gets down this way.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                        Danjohnston949 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        bcostlow, Thanks for the invite! It has been Years & Years since I was last in San Antonio!
                        From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Hi, Bill. This is Bill. I love Portobellos! Welcome, from Leesburg, FL.!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here