Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from central Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from central Florida

just bought the meathead book, and spent some time reviewing tips for smoking brisket on the website. Turned out really good, thanks Meathead! Wish I had learned about this site about 5 years ago when I bought my pellet smoker. Next up is another brisket and some ribs!
    TD

Welcome from Indiana.

Comment

Welcome aboard from Colorado!

Comment

Greetings from north Florida!

Comment

Thank You for your support. Welcome to the Pit!!

Comment

Welcome TrickyDick

Comment

Howdy from CenTex!

Comment

Welcome to the pit

Comment

Welcome to The Pit TrickyDick! It's great to have you here with us, thanks for joining up. What pellet cooker do you have?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                  1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                  2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard TrickyDick. Do you have any photos of your brisket you would post? See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to some fine in the Pit!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

Here is a pic of the brisket on the smoker.
                        Its a MAK 4 star pellet grill/smoker that I have.

I should add that I am highly interested in cured meats sausages and want to do some dry cure sausages and hope I meat up with some folk here that can help me learn the ins and outs of this.

I've had my smoker for about 5 years now, using intermittently. The family likes my cooking but aside from my 11 year old son, aren't addicted to BBQ like I am! Growing up in Michigan, there was no such thing as BBQ. My first experience with BBQ was during a trip to DC at the White plains or something or other mall, there was a place called URBAN BBQ. What an eye opener! The ribs were addictive! And draft rootbeer! After that experience, I bought a cheapo vertical water smoker. I lived in CT at the time and was impossible in cold months or on windy days to keep temps stable. there were NO bbq joints in CT, except one that opened the week after I moved out! I moved to St Louis and then to FL, and ditched that smoker for a Masterbuilt electric unit, which I highly disliked. I had almost given up on BBQ, though there were a few local joints I could get an occasional fix, none are spectacular or convenient. While planning an addition to my home I found out about built-in Pellet smoker grills! I had originally spec'd an Alfresco gas unit, but changed that to a MAK when I learned about their new built in option 4 star. The competition was a memphis grill. I have no regrets, but in retrospect, I'd have been better off opting with a built in gas grill and a mobile 2 star MAK. Someday I'll do a whole hog and then my mind will be different about it though. I love the quality in the build of the MAK. Its huge and takes a long time to heat up for grilling applications though. Cleaning is chore, but would be for any similarly sized grill. For a built-in, it is difficult to remove the lid for annual cleaning though. I don't frequently use the Wi-Fi feature though I wish I did, because I anxiously awaited for the feature. Curious to hear what other MAK users think of the Wi-Fi.
                        I have plans for fabrication of a custom insert for hanging sausage links but like all things, this is a back burner plan. Unfortunately there aren't many 4 star owners and it wouldn't work for 2 star owners or else I'd have some motivation to get this into production. Time is also a barrier with family and work commitments. Some day I'll get around to that.

TD

Comment

TrickyDick great looking brisket.Thanks for the photo! Here's Meathead's article on The Science Of Curing Meats Safely that I recommend you read.

Comment

TrickyDick, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
                            Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome aboard TickyDick, also from a displaced Michigander. It will be great to see you get really fired up with that rig you have, no pun intended. Because this site will stir the Q'ing juices to a new height. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here