Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Amazingribs.com world!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Amazingribs.com world!

I'm 41i5h4, a lady-griller living in Eastern Canada. I have been grilling for ~3 years, but only really got serious about it (read: stopped burning the ass off of everything) over the past 6 months after I found amazingribs.com. I have a Classic Kamodo Joe that I love like it's my child. My main go-to for grilling is pork shoulders and burgers, but I ventured into the world of brisket about a month ago, and I am never looking back. I just picked up my next brisket this morning from the market! Montreal smoked meat, or texas brisket? Decisions, decisions....

PS. I'm also an avid Jeeper. Due to my love of food and jeeps my better half has suggested the pit master name Jeepeeg (oo). Whadayall think? haha.

Welcome!! Burning the rear end off everything ain't all that bad. Lotta microbial contamination possibilities from that end.

3 Briskets. One to smoke, the other to cure and make pastrami. The 3rd gets curing when you consume all the pastrami in one day.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome 41i5h4

Comment

Welcome aboard! Jeepeeg is much easier to pronounce! The other, well, I think you just might be called 41. Curious, can't say l have heard of Montreal smoked meat. Explain please. Hey, anyways, enjoy the ride!

Comment

• rip1877
            rip1877 commented
            Editing a comment
            Im guessing it as 1337 version of Alisha, but that is my nerd brain talking....

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
          Curious, can't say l have heard of Montreal smoked meat. Explain please.
          Montreal smoked meat is similar to pastrami but more savoury. Smoked meat sandwiches with a dark rye bread, sauerkraut, and yellow mustard are a Quebecois/Canadian deli-cacy. (see what I did there!)

Comment

• Thunder77
            Thunder77 commented
            Editing a comment
            That sounds like the perfect sandwich to me!

Welcome to the Pit! If lulu understand your love of your Kamado Joe - I have a BGE.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit 41i5h4! It's nice to have you here with us. Congrats on nailing the brisket! Let me know if you for sure want your username changed.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
            1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
            2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Nice to have another Lady here!

Comment

Howdy from central Texas!

Comment

41i5h4, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Lots of Komado Users Here they have even organized a Support Group? On the HomePage Schroll Down until you come to Grills and Smokers below that heading there is Ceramic Listing! I am sure CeramicChef, Breadhead and the others would be Glad to Have you join them!
                  We Weber Users being the fine upstanding BBQ'rs We Are! are not in Need of Support?
                  Just the occasional Sympathetic Ear!
                  Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

41, I haven't heard or seen the word Québécois in quite awhile, cool. As for the sandwich, l'd be interested in a more savory pastrami. That sandwich definetly has a European side to it. I grew up calling the rye, pumpernickel. My wife (a Minnesotan ) could never get used to my usage of the word. The sandwich sounds very much like what I used to eat. I think l'll have to give it a go again.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit 41i5h4! We're glad to have you. If you have any pictures of your cooks we would love to see them. See you around!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Great to have you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here