Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Virginia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Virginia!

Hello! Figured I'd stop in here per community custom/practice and introduce myself. I'm from Northern Virginia and have been cooking for a while, but only really started "bearing down" on the hobby this summer.

I had a COS offset years back in school but it was one of the more frustrating items I ever owned and used, so it quelled a bit of my interest in the hobby. I also had (still somewhat have) a Char-Griller Akorn that's seen better seasons, but I never took the time/money to purchase the items necessary to make it a decent smoker.

That changed this summer with my Weber Kettle, as indirect cooking and learning about different techniques, methods, preparations, etc. really lit my "flame," so-to-speak. I've since acquired a WSM and am very eager to take that to its limits.

My interests are, of course, in the wonderful preparations discussed here and in the book. I largely like cooking Central Texas beef and Eastern North Carolina pork, but I'm trying to branch out a bit with different styles of ribs, turkey, and maybe some of that Alabama chicken.

Take care now.

Welcome philatticus

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome aboard phillaticus! I almost feel l should address you in Latin with a toga on. Sounds like your jumping in with the right gear to not get frustrated again. You will end up doing some amazing (l know, l know) things that you and your friends will just devour. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

Greetings ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit...👍

Comment

Welcome aboard philatticus. We're glad you're here! Nice job on your signature.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit philatticus! Nice to have you here, thanks for your support. That was a very nice intro, and like fuzzydaddy said great job setting up your sig!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• philatticus
                  philatticus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Appreciate the tips, thank you!

philatticus Welcome to the Pit! We're glad you're here! 😎

Comment

Welcome from another Virginian, (near Richmond).

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here