Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greeting from Laughlin Nevada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greeting from Laughlin Nevada

I'm a truck driver and love bbq, currently I have a backyard classic charcoal/wood grill, which I love. Wanting to get into longer cooking items like brisket and pork butts and shoulders I'm planning on getting the camp chef 24 gasser with plans in the future when I build my outdoor kitchen to have it converted to natural gas.. I'm also going to end up buying a gas grill since the charcoal/wood grill intimadates my wife when I'm not home so she can grill simple meals. I've already have found a lot of useful information on this site and I thank you for that. Don't currently have a good digital thermometer and I am looking over that section intently. Unfortunately I don't get to bbq that much as I work three months then take 7 to 10 days off but I fire up when I am home.

Welcome Elgine

Comment

Elgine Welcome to the Pit! I can personally recommend the Maverick ET-732. Two probes, one for pit, one for meat. Wireless remote for monitoring temps, and not hanging by the grill. Also the Thermopop, and the RT600 series are good instant reads. If you're not experienced with long cooks, I would start with a pork butt. They are very forgiving, and taste great!

You are in in the right place for BBQ knowledge! 😎

Comment

• Elgine
        Elgine commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the information after the reading I've already done I was planning on the pork butts first. The maverick et 732 as in the top list I was looking at nod with what you've said I'll most likely try that along with the thermopop

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome!

The Maverick ET-732/733 is absolutely a must have. If you get up to Vegas, give a holler and I'll be happy to show you what I have. My wife has no problem with the charcoal grill even though she refuses to use a thermometer. (Thankfully she overcooks her chicken instead of undercooking.)

I know it is almost a holy war, but I'll never be convinced that a gasser can turn out the same as a charcoal/wood burner.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Elgine. You might also want to look at ThermoWorks ChefAlarm and DOT. They're excellent quality units. I use both. See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Elgine! We're happy to have you here, and thank you for your support. Can't wait to see what you decide on, and pics of your first long cooks.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard Elgine! I can picture you some day with an 18 wheeler smoker, then our DW can take a picture & call it BBTruck

Comment

• Elgine
                  Elgine commented
                  Editing a comment
                  To be completely honest I've already had those pictures in my head lol

Elgine, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Fair Warning the Other Memberss will have no Problem "Helping" You Spend Your Money! Frankly they helped Me as Well, first in my purchase of a Maverick Et 733 dual probe leave in thermometer and a Digital Instant Read Thermometer, a Thermapen Pen Classic by ThermoWorks! I would Pay a little more and get the Mk 4 Thermapen Today! The new features bear the freight! I won't even mention the Joule that Meathead convinced me I needed and I don't
                Parle Voo Souix Vee Doo!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Breadhead
                  Breadhead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dan the Man... Did you buy a SV circulator?😆 I thought you didn't speak Souis Vee Doo.🤔

Elgine ... Welcome to the Pit.👍

This might be the rig you're looking for...
                Attached Files

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is outrageously cool. And would'nt ya know there would be Texas on it somewhere?

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here