Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aloha from Kailua, HI!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aloha from Kailua, HI!

Hello All,

Just an amateur cook who enjoys grilling on the weekends! I've been doing direct heat grilling for years until a friend of mine brought in a smoked brisket to work and let me taste a few pieces. I was blown away! When he explained how he did it, I knew immediately I had to try it out. Found this site and very excited to use the techniques and recipes on smoking different types of meats. I live on the island of Oahu so the weather here is great for smoking year around! I do have gout so I know I will get some heat from my wife as I cook all this rich meat that may flare it up, but YOLO (you only live once)!

Ronnie

Welcome r00ns

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ!

Comment

Aloha Ronnie ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit r00ns. It's great to have you here. Thank you for your support. Great job on your signature!

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit Ronnie!

Comment

r00ns, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
            Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

@rOOns, welcome to the Pit! Give that gout a break with smoked fish.

Comment

• r00ns
                r00ns commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes! I plan on doing some smoked fish. Just deciding on which recipe to try out first!

Welcome aboard Ronnie! I have gout too. My big toe fares well if I watch the pork, which means it's swollen most of the time. I do know that some serious grillin is done in you State. Looking forward to your contributions. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

• r00ns
                r00ns commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol! I've been doing well since my Doc upped my allopurinol dosage. But when I do have serious flare ups my wife always asks me if what I ate was worth the pain. Of course I have to tell her yes just so I can keep eatin' what I eat. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Welcome to The Pit r00ns! It's nice to have you here. Jealous of your home state!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here