Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Iowa

I'm a new member and figure I'd say hello. I've been grilling with a weber 22" kettle for about 18yrs. My wife and kids bought me a pbc for fathers/b-day this year. It's been a great smoker so far. Did my first brisket ever with it last weekend. It turned out pretty good for my first one. The flat was a bit dry I thought. But everyone else said it was good. Did a rib roast for July 4th and that was amazing. Tried the mmd on pork ribs and they were excellent. I have a older cos that I did some mods to over the winter and did smoke a pork loin in it. The fire box side was staying even with the chimney side until it reached 250°. Then it ran 50° higher and I couldn't get it to even out. It was not efficient at all with lump charcoal. I haven't tried it with kingsford blue though. The pbc is so easy to cook with I haven't used the cos since. Really enjoying the site so far.

Welcome to The Pit Jwinkler. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support. Weber Kettle & PBC - great choices, as is MMD! Do you have any photos of your cooks you would post? We love to see photos. Looking forward to having you around.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Greetings ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Jwinkler Welcome to the Pit!! GO HAWKS!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit...👍

Comment

Welcome Jwinkler

Comment

Welcome aboard Jwinkler! I remember when I first moved here from the other side of the pond (Lake Michigan), I was working in Iowa one week & some one told me something that has stuck with me for 25 yrs. That saying is " Iowa, gateway to Nebraska". Throw in Illinois & that is why we call y'all flatlanders. I know there are llots of hogs there to smoke. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Jwinkler, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jwinkler! Thanks for joining up with us.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here