Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TallTrees (Jeff) from the San Francisco Bay Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TallTrees (Jeff) from the San Francisco Bay Area

Greetings ...

I've been grilling, smoking and BBQing for years ... more than I care to mention. Several years ago, I decided to dump my various "Sear's Specials", and bought myself a large Big Green Egg, and haven't looked back since. I've been to several BBQ/Smoking school in and around the Bay Area, have bought and read dozens of BBQ/Smoking books, and watched countless videos about everything that goes on, in, or around a smoker. I don't know if I have a favorite thing to smoke, I'm partial to St. Louis ribs. (I've traveled the US and a lot of the world, in search of the best ribs, and am still on a mission to find them.) I've smoked ribs, briskets, pork butts, fishes, chicken, turkey, lamb, and various seafoods. I've been thinking about cold smoking some cheese and salmon, but haven't gotten around to it, just yet. I'm fortunate enough to have Lazzari Fuel Company not too far from me, so I'm able to buy and use all kinds of great woods in my smoker. Yea! Believe it or not, I just stumbled on this site a few days ago, and decided to join, and check things out. Though I know a bit about smoking meats, I'm always looking to learn something new, and then put it into practice.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and work full-time doing computer forensics, eDiscovery and Investigations for a tech firm. I've also been a professional photographer (weddings, portraits, landscapes and cityscapes) for 30 years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0810.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	203982 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0759.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	203983 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1621.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	203984 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0807.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	203986
    Attached Files

Welcome aboard TallTrees. I think your quest for the best ribs may have just ended. I'm going to guess the best place will be........................................... at (drum roll) TallTrees. Congratulations & enjoy the ride!
    Great pics! Mm mm good!

Comment

• martybartram
      martybartram commented
      Editing a comment
      No doubt, those ribs are gorgeous!

Greetings, Jeff ... welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome aboard... this forum is the best for learning & sharing info about all things BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit TallTrees. It's great to have you here. Thank you for your support. Wonderful introduction and photos, and your cooks look awesome!

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

• TallTrees
          TallTrees commented
          Editing a comment
          I noticed that you'd posted this for other users, so I'd already done it, before you suggested it.

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks TallTrees! See you around.

Welcome to the Pit! I am a BGE guy, too. You are going to love it in the Pit.
        Last edited by LA Pork Butt; August 5, 2016, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the pit Jeff, looking forward to what you have to offer. From the looks of the pics it will be a lot.

Comment

TallTrees, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! By the Looks of Your Pic's you may want to go directly to the Advaced Program some of the BGE and Kamado Prof's Offer! If You go tt the Front Page, Scroll Down to Grills and Cookers, open the main page and Scroll down to the Sub Categories you will find a page for Komado Cooking, CeramicChef and Breadhead started this just for You!
            Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
            Last edited by Danjohnston949; August 5, 2016, 08:17 AM.

Comment

welcome to the pit! Nice pics!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit TallTrees! It's great to have you here with us.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. Great area you live in. I love visiting SF.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here