Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark in Western NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark in Western NY

Hello everyone! I joined the Pit in May 2016 and I have really have enjoyed all the information that is available on AR. The Posts are a great way to get some guidance on various BBQ topics and I catch myself spending an hour or two reading through various topics when I get on-line.

Growing up in the 70's my Dad always cooked with charcoal so that is how got started "grillin". After getting married, I switched to a gas grill for the convenience. This past March, I decided to start "grillin" with charcoal again and I bought a 18.5 Weber Kettle that I found on clearence. I discovered AZ shortly after that and I decided to learn how to BBQ. Since then I have purchased a 22 Weber Kettle, the Slow n Sear and I just got a PartyQ. It has been fun trying to perfect my technique and cooking with the SnS. The results have been amazing!! Recently I found my Dad's 1980 red 22 Weber Kettle stored away in the garage at his cottage and I brought my SnS to cook a 5 lb spatchcocked chicken!! Delicious! It was fun using that old kettle with a new SnS! Just got Meathead's new book and I'm looking forward to reading it cover to cover.

Thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge on the Pit!

Welcome Fishman Griller

Comment

Welcome aboard Fishman Mark! With a moniker like that I take it you do a little fishin? Grillin&Smokin,enjoy the ride!

Comment

Welcome to the University of BBQ! We're glad you're here!! 😎

Comment

Welcome, Mark. Where in WNY?

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Fishman Griller. It's great to have you here. Thank you for your support. Thanks for the great intro. Do you have any photos of your Dad's 1980 red 22 Weber Kettle? That would be cool to see. I too have a 22" Kettle, SnS and a PartyQ and recently purchased rechargeable AA batteries for the PartyQ.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

• Fishman Griller
            Fishman Griller commented
            Editing a comment
            I will get a picture of the old kettle hopefully this weekend and I will post it.

Welcoem to The Pit Fishman Griller! Great intro! We're happy to have you here with us.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from a former western New Yorker. Now I reside in central Ohio. Spent my first 25 years in Olean. As you can see from my avatar you can't take the western New York out of me!

Comment

• Fishman Griller
              Editing a comment
              That is cool. Go Bills!!! It has been a while since the glory days of the early 90's.

Welcome to the Pit, Mark!

Comment

(Fisherman) Griller, Welcome to The Pit! Remember as an Enrolled Member of the BBQ Univ that Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
              Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Fishman Griller welcome to fun in the Pit! I'm heading out on vacation soon and am thinking about returning through BBQ mutton country in Kentucky. Do you have any recommendations?

Comment

• Fishman Griller
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry but I was born and raised in Western New York so I don't have recommendations.

Welcome to the pit Mark, need to post a pic of ole red. Folks on this site love stuff like that. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome, Mark! Great intro! I'm hanging my hat in a Rochester suburb these days. Hope to hear more from you.

Comment

Pretty sure I'll be in Rochester for a big beer fest in Oct. Watch the newsletters for details.

Comment

Well I finally been back to my parent's cottage and cooked up some ribs on the old 1980 Red Weber Kettle using the SnS. They were delicious!! Here some pictures of the old red kettle!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1578.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	208.6 KB
ID:	219011 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1581.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	219013
                      Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here