Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Austin TX!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Austin TX!

A friend and co-worker referred me here so I decided to check it out. I have been grilling for about 10 years but am still a novice. I have gotten better, but still have a long way to go. Started with my gas Weber, then graduated to the kettle, and as of Christmas got my first smoker. Now I need to start saving for the bigger WSM since it seems that I can't fit a decent brisket in the small one to cook...

Welcome to the Pit from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Welcome...ever been to Franklin's in

Comment

• rip1877
          rip1877 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not yet, and to be honest I dont know if I will make it there anytime soon. Just not a fan of waiting in a line for just a chance that there will be stuff still there when I get to the front. and the wait list for take home is waaaaay to long to plan for.

• Juddlight
          Juddlight commented
          Editing a comment
          You have to look at it like tail gating lol

Welcome to The Pit rip1877. It's great to have you here. Thank you for your support. Nice job on your signature! Have you looked at the Slow 'N Sear for your 22" Kettle? It makes it a great smoker, plus searing, excellent charcoal management, and includes a built in water reservoir for your low and slow cooks!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!
        Last edited by fuzzydaddy; July 18, 2016, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• rip1877
          rip1877 commented
          Editing a comment
          How did you find my twitter handle...

Welcome to the Pit! What do you like to cook?

Comment

Welcome rip1877

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome aboard rip1877! Sounds by your progression of equipment you will enjoy the ride here as you try, test, & learn. Also, it looks like you have early onset MCS. Again, enjoy the ride.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you. rip1877

Comment

Welcome to The Pit rip1877! Happy to have you here with us. I agree with fuzzydaddy, I like to bring up to folks that have a kettle grill that a Slow 'N Sear helps turn your kettle into a legitimate smoker using the gear you already have, with minimal extra cost. Larger smokers are cool too! But if your budget dictates keeping it simple to start with, the SnS might be a good way for your to add to your capabilities with minimal extra investment.

Comment

The gas grill has been relegated to foil wraps and other items where I need a quicker set up and didn't mind the gas taste too much like grilled veggies for fajitas Used as a temporary food warmer, and odds and ends.

The kettle was transferred to my primary griller since I figured out how to use the base functions on it. I have been trying to perfect or master my use of it each and every time. I think I am getting better at the steaks, chicken breast, Chicken quarters, fajitas (beef, chicken and pork), Crab legs (those were darn good too), burgers, hot dogs.

So far the smoker has been used for ribs (twice) and a beer-can chicken (which I found out after getting to the forums was not so great), but it tasted ok.

As for the MCS, I just liked having options of different cooking styles, and getting a bigger WSM would mostly be replacing my smaller one right now. Might feel generous and sell it or give it to a family member.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession.

Comment

Welcome fellow Austinite!

Comment

rip1877, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory! I am glad you are meeting the Prof's!
                          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here