Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Midwest indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Midwest indiana

Hello, I have been grilling for many years on a weber grill and have decided to up my game to smoking. I bought a slow n sear but hardly got started using it before I pulled the trigger and ordered a new Horizon 16 offset smoker. I bought the Meathead book also and I am looking forward to trying the many techniques and recipes in it and on here from y'all!

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

• Martyjmc
      Martyjmc commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Welcome to the Pit from Southwest Indiana!

Comment

Welcome Martyjmc

Comment

Welcome to smoking in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome aboard Martyjmc! We're glad you're here. See you around The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to The Pitmand welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Martyjmc! Nice to have you here, congrats on the 2 new toys! You have some nice equipment there. Your Slow 'N Sear will help you in ways your offset can't, and vice versa. You're off to a great start!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Martyjmc
                Martyjmc commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! I will do my homework and learn as much as possible from everyone here.
                I just received my offset smoker and am looking forward to seasoning it and sitting around tinkering with it while drinking beer.
                Marty

Welcome to the pit. You are at the right place to up your game, it has really help me do that. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Martyjmc, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory! It sound like you have Great Equipment!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome from HOT Central Florida!

Comment

Thanks to all the welcomes! I am going to buy some cheap pork shoulders and ribs to practice with and then tackle a good brisket. I can't wait to fire up my new offset Horizon smoker ( it's still in the back of my truck until tomorrow). Woohoo! Grill On!!

Comment

• Breadhead
                      Breadhead commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh hell man... Dare to be great!!! Go for the brisket first.πŸ˜† It's almost the exact same cook, except for the preparation. We will walk you through that.

Have the guts to break those cookers in right.😎

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                      Danjohnston949 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Spinaker, I figured You Were Bear Bait Sure As Hell! You didn't Sacrifice Your Dad?
                      Heaven Forbid! πŸ€—πŸ˜‡πŸ€—. I hope You had a Great Trip!
                      Ear Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• Spinaker
                      Spinaker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hahaha, no Me and the old man made it out. Danjohnston949 I appreciate your concern.

Martyjmc, I lived in Crawfordsville for 10 years (originally from Indy)before moving to Chicago area four years ago. Great to see a fellow Hoosier here in the Pit. Welcome aboard!

Comment

• Martyjmc
                      Martyjmc commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I live in Crawfordsville rural area and work in Indianapolis. Glad to hear from ya!

!
                    I'm up early to season that new grill and maybe cook something on it this evening. Was going to get the day off tomorrow but they asked me to work overtime and I won't get another day off until Monday. I'm getting too old for this shit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here