Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time from Ft Worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time from Ft Worth

Hello, all.  I’m Florus (Tim) Workman, from Fort Worth, Texas.  I am a retired Navy avionics technician, originally from Minnesota.  I retired while stationed in Corpus Christi, Tx.  And later, took a job with BNSF Railway in Fort Worth.  That’s how I came to live where arguably some of the best barbecue in the country is made.  In my spare time, I like to do woodwork, from small figure carving to large pieces of furniture.  I have an offset smoker custom made by a welder friend of mine which has served me admirably for about 8 years.  My traditional barbecue meats are brisket and spare ribs. 

Welcome sllort

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome! Always nice to have another Texan in the pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit sllort ... Congratulations on being the new winner and picking an awesome smoker.

I spent 40 years in the furniture industry and understand your passion for creating large furniture items.👍 When you're making them one at a time it's an art form most people won't understand.

I'm excited to see your first cook on your new smoker.👍

Comment

Greetings, sllort. One of my favorite bbq joints (Railhead) is in Fort Worth!

Comment

Good morning sllort and welcome to The Pit! Would you post some photos of your offset smoker?

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

@silort, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory! Considering your Custom Built Smoker you might want to start with the advanced Classes!
                  Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome! I'm going to be in Ft. Worth for a week of training during the month of August. What are the good places to eat at up there?

Comment

Greetings, Tim ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Tim - welcome to Th ePit and welcome to The Obsession. Thanks for your service to our country!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit sllort! Nice to read a great intro from you. Congrats again on being the winner!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

I received my 'Backwoods Chubby' smoker (my gold medal giveaway prize) last week. I'm so grateful to the crew at 'Amazing Ribs' for this. Cooked a brisket, 2 racks of spareribs, and a rack of beef ribs this weekend. The big difference between the chubby and my heavy steel offset smoker is the amount of wood and charcoal it consumes. With my offset smoker, I would usually use 15 - 20 lbs of charcoal and 3 - 5 lbs of wood. With the chubby, I used less than 5 lbs of charcoal, and just a few chunks of wood for the same result. Looks like the big offset's going on Craigs List. Thanks again to everybody at 'Amazing Ribs'.

Comment

sllort congratulations on your first cooks on your Backwoods Chubby smoker! Have any pictures of your cooks you can post?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here