Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings From Walnut Creek, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings From Walnut Creek, CA

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and I'm fascinated by the amount of experience and knowledge presented here. I've been doing 95% of the cooking in our household since being married 36 years ago. My wife cooks and does a few things very well, it's just that I like to branch out and try different cuisines. I don't get any complaints from her! I've been grilling since a little kid, or at least I was watching my father grill. We got a Weber grill as a wedding present and it has been my outdoors cooker since then. I can cook just about anything on the Weber, but I want to concentrate on grooving the low-and-slow technique. Going to try my first whole packer brisket using a Slow 'N Sear next weekend.

I'm a retired scientific instruments salesman - industrial X-ray analyses. Besides cooking and eating, we enjoy travel, sailing, photography and marksmanship.

Cheers all!

OneEyedJack, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory! Another Weber Fan here! You will love your S 'n S, I do! I suggest you read the technique and recipe section for the S 'n S on ABCBBQ.Com. Dave (Pit Boss) and Erin Huskee have put together a tremendous resource for us on AdrenalineBBQCo. Site! Just so you know I have a BBQ Guru Temp Control and a baffle I use in conjunction with the S 'n S and 22 1/2" Weber! Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to the community from Fairfield, Ca. I split my time between Fairfield and Sacramento. M

Comment

Welcome to The Pit OneEyedJack! Great to have you here. Thanks for your support. You will love the SnS, such a fine addition to a good kettle.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard OneEyedJack +1 on the Kettle and SnS. I started a boston butt at midnight on mine and I can't wait for some pulled pork later today. The aroma is invading the neighborhood this morning.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! My wife loves it, too, when I cook.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here