Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello fro GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello fro GA

I've been reading the site for a couple years and finally joined! I currently cook on an old homemade grill that has sentimental value. It's very well made 3/16" metal and big approximately 500 sq." of cooking surface. You can cook using the 2 zone method very well on it and I've smoked some pretty good ribs on it, although I do have trouble controlling the heat on long cooks like with butts I liked to buy another cooker. Any suggestions? I'm all over the board, dedicated smoker or something that does both well. Lang, Primo, Hasty Bake, Backwoods, Weber Summit I'm looking at everything!

Welcome cjm

Comment

Welcome to The Pit cjm. It's great to have you here. Thank you for your support. If you haven't already, check out our Ratings & Review of Grills, Smokers, etc where you can search using manufacturer, primary function, fuel, price and capacity. Collectively we use a wide variety of equipment and produce some awesome food on all of them. Personally I have a Kamado (Big Green Egg) and 2 Weber Kettles with a Slow 'N Sear'

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome aboard cjm !

Comment

cjm, I have had my Rec Tec for a week now... and it's easy, awesome, and some more awesome. It smokes, grills, cooks... it does it all and it's about as easy as it gets. the temp stays where I put it, and even after opening the lid and loosing 100 degrees... it's back up to temp in like 3 minutes! I recommend you look into it... and being in GA, you'll really be buying local! Good luck. Keep us posted.

Comment

Welcome, glad you have joined cjm. It is hard to beat any of the Weber Kettles especially with a few accessories like Slow "N" Sear and good thermometers.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I love my Big Green Egg, but an oval Primo would be a good choice for low and slow and a 2 zone fire.

Comment

welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, I love my Camp Chef DLX pellet grill. Also love my Weber 22.5 with slow and sear. You will find out hear there are many options to get from the fridge to the dinner table. The main advice a could give you is that what ever you decide on learn everything there is to know about it. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

That's how I got started. My first grill was made by my grandfather and mostly from stainless steel. No way would i ever get rid of that one. Pick one and go for it. Most likely, you will add a few more cookers as the years go buy!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the welcome and suggestions, looking forward to reading and learning I the Pit! I now have recently become intrigued with the PBC! It looks pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by cjm View Post
                        Thanks everyone for the welcome and suggestions, looking forward to reading and learning I the Pit! I now have recently become intrigued with the PBC! It looks pretty cool!
                        It is pretty cool. If you haven't found it already, there's a dedicated PBC sub-forum here with tons of detailed info: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-barrel-cooker

Comment

Welcome to The Pit cjm! Thanks for joining up with us! We look forward to helping you make a decision and then see bragging pics of your gear & your food!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here